Radio not working... bad ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio not working... bad ground?

So in an effort to troubleshoot a separate problem, I removed my aftermarket amp and speakers yesterday. They were tapped into my stock speakers. I removed the tape, untapped the amp, and tapped up the original wires. Now the radio won't even turn on. I checked the fuses... looks good. I was thinking maybe the ground is bad for the radio... does anybody know where the stock radio is grounded?

thanks!

Re: Radio not working... bad ground?

Well pictures might help greatly.

if you've removed the wiring harness for your metra 99-3303 kit and you have nothing but the original set up, behind the stock stereo, then all you should have to do is plug the two blue harnesses that were originally connected to the car stereo and also, double check all your fuses......you could have shorted something out and blew the fuse when you were reconnecting.
    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Re: Radio not working... bad ground?

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
      Well pictures might help greatly.

if you've removed the wiring harness for your metra 99-3303 kit and you have nothing but the original set up, behind the stock stereo, then all you should have to do is plug the two blue harnesses that were originally connected to the car stereo and also, double check all your fuses......you could have shorted something out and blew the fuse when you were reconnecting.
      I never touched any of the wires behind the radio. I wired the amp right into the back speakers... so for the removal, I simply un hooked them and tapped up the original wires

Comment

Working...
      X