Trans flush or drain and fill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans flush or drain and fill?

Thats the first question. I have had a recent issue of after driving for awhile my 1 and 2 shift will be very hard. I have just under 75,000 miles

Second question is where to get this done? GM dealer or a tranny shop?

I should add that i purchased an extended warranty and will going to a tranny shop void the warranty if the transmission would later take a dump. Would going to GM?

Re: Trans flush or drain and fill?

If you take it to anywhere else but the dealer and the tranny takes a dump it probally wont be fixed under warranty. Your best bet is to take it to the dealer that way if something happens they will have record of you having it serviced there

Comment

I agree. Do you know how much these services usually cost?

Comment

I'm not real sure what a dealer would charge but my gf paid $125 for her 03 malibu at a shop that specializes in transmission work

Comment

I beat the hell out of my GTP and at 28K miles in september I got a tranny flush from my mechainc with synthetic for like 125. Because it only has 28K miles on it he just did a drain and fill not a filter change. He sugested me to do another flush around 60K miles since I changed it at 28K miles and then do a filter change
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

does it shift any better running synthetic? what brand did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by gt08
              I noticed abosolutly nothing lol. Dont know the brand but my mechanic is big in NAPA parts so if NAPA has a synthic tranny fluid its prob that.
              2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
              Gotta have it Green color
              Brembo brake package
              420 HP 5.0L
              Ford Racing Power Pack
              GT500 track pack differential cover
              BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I was thinking about running royal purple synthetic tranny fluid but wasnt sure if it would be worth it.. kinda expensive

Comment

If you take it to anywhere else but the dealer and the tranny takes a dump it probally wont be fixed under warranty. Your best bet is to take it to the dealer that way if something happens they will have record of you having it serviced there
                  ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

Originally posted by coolmanvette75

or you can save teh reciept

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                    Originally posted by snowmanG6
                    you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
                      Originally posted by coolmanvette75

or you can save teh reciept

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                      I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

I thought it has been discussed before that it comes with synthetic from the factory.
                        Vector Tune - CRAB Cold Air Box - Cquence Ultima Cross Brake Rotors

Comment

Originally posted by CaptRage
                          I thought it has been discussed before that it comes with synthetic from the factory.
                          I must have missed those threads, I never knew dexron 6 was synthetic

Comment

I just did this to my girls 03 Japo Aerio... anywho... it scared the shit out of me when it started making a hissing sound, I was like great I just fd it up... I just refilled it and so far so good.

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                            I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

wtf is a aerio?

Comment

Working...
                              X