difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difficulty

how difficult will it be to replace the vent tube that goes from the back of the enging to the intake? I need to put a new one on so I can take it in with the original intake because my dealer is not cool with mods.
    bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Not sure I follow your question? Vent tube and back of the engine?
    Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

tell the dealer to fuck off or go to another one, plain and simple.
      2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

^^^ I like that answer

Comment

If you are talking about the Resonator that is before the stock airbox, I can help you.

It's located behind the fender & below/behind the headlight.

I removed my resonator by removing the passenger side front wheel and then removing the plastic rivits that hold the wheel well plastic in place. I think there are a total of 15 that need to be removed, and REPLACED. (once you remove them 70% of them are not usable again (my experience) get the GM replacement ones from PepBoys(or similar), they are about $2 for 15).

This allowed me to Easily remove the resonator without damaging it. There are 2 plastic mollys and one bolt. If you use this method of going in from the passenger wheel well you will have no problem installing the stock resonator.
          2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Comment

Not sure if thats what hes talking about, but either way he doesnt have to replace ANYTHING. The dealer can not like mods all they want but they cant do SHIT about it. We need a sticky regarding mods and warranty.

So my first post stands, dont put the car back to stock, you dont have to. The dealer can sit on it.

edit: apparently there is a sticky
            2007 GMC Sierra ECSB Z71 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by spitfire2332
              ...but either way he doesnt have to replace ANYTHING. The dealer can not like mods all they want but they cant do SHIT about it. We need a sticky regarding mods and warranty.

So my first post stands, dont put the car back to stock, you dont have to. The dealer can sit on it.
              There is a sticky about warranty and mods, and yes Spitfire you are correct. UNLESS The modification has caused the problem, and even then the dealer/GM must prove that the modication was the cause.
              2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Comment

Its called the Magnuson-Moss Act

Comment

the dealer calls it a fresh air tube that connects to the intake near the throttle body.

and if i did take it in and say tough shit, fix whats wrong and they say the new intake caused it and it won't be covered under warranty, then what happens? I think it might be easier just to put on the old intake whenever I go in.
                  bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

exactly. you'll have to go through a whole process that could have been totally avoided by just taking 20 minutes and put everything back the way it was
                    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

gtp guy you are so true it will save you a ton of time and stress because i my self work at a dealer and i know when ever a car comes in with mods that the first thing we look at and see if thats cause so your best bet is to take the 20 mins and switch it back.

Comment

Why is it the first thing you look at? So you try to figure how the mod could have possibly contributed to the claim?
                        BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                        ^ The Man
                        v The Legend

Comment

Jonnycat, I sure hope that doesnt surprise you.. Dealers
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Just aggravates me.
                            BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                            ^ The Man
                            v The Legend

Comment

I don't think it would be unusual for the dealer to look at the modified parts first. The car is designed to work properly using specified parts; once those parts are modified it's natural to check if the modifications are causing the problem. I'm not saying the dealer should check your strut bar to see if that caused your speakers to blow or anything, but if you have a CAI and you're throwing a CEL, I think it's reasonable to see if the CAI is the cause.

Comment

Working...
                              X