Bought a new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a new car

I have been car shopping for a few months now. I was looking at the G6GTP coupe, Grand Prix GXP, GTO, (BMW 330Ci and Infiniti G35 coupe both used) I really wanted a 2 door with a stick. I loved the GTO, but it was not right for me. I rented a few G6's and i liked them, but i just didnt feel comfortable and i feel they are everywhere. I loved the BMW, but couldnt justify the price of even an 03-04 where i could get a new pontiac for the same price and have a brand new car. I hated the G35.
    So i picked up a Gp GXP last week as a birthday present to my self. I am more than happy with it. I also love having the navigation and HUD - 2 things not available on the other cars. I gave up having a stick, but the tapshift is fun to play with and it works fairly well.

Just thought i'd share, here are some pics

~Dave
    06 Liquid Silver GP GXP - Leather/Suede, Navigation, Sunroof, HUD, DIC, XM
    92 Aqua Blue GP GTP - project car
    93 White GP SE B4U - daily driver 256,219 miles
    DIC, HUD, quad leather buckets, Buick F-bar, GMPP trailing arms, clear tails, 15% tint

nice...take off the v8 and get to racing that thing

Comment

looks good...guess you won't be around here anymore since you opted for the GP and not the G6
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Hot ride, go waste some Hemis!
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Great choice!!! Enjoy your car, they are awesome for sure

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Another one of those cars that I was close to buying. I drove a 2006 GT and really liked the ride, but I found it to be lacking for space in the rear seats.

I then test drove a G6 GTP, and it felt as strong as the GP GT and gave me more room in the front to boot.

I then purchased the 6 speed coupe and it's been a love story since day one.

If the salesman had gotten me to drive a GXP, l would probably have one in the driveway right now. I knew better, since it was about $5k outside of my price bracket, so I didn't test drive it.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Nice ride, I was contemplating getting one but wanted a coupe plus I didn't want to spend any more than that. Looks good though, really nice.

Comment

Congratulations. The GP to me is a better choice than the G6 overall except for the interior which didn't appeal to me.

Funny, I hated my Bimmer but love the G35. My neighbour has one and it is awsome. The G35 can run circles around my G6. We went for a trip and I couldn't catch up to him in my G6. My Bimmer probably could though cause we were on the backroads with lots of twisties.

Comment

Does that surprise you? Comparing a G35 to a G6, cmon now.

Comment

When they first came out with the G6 i excited about it and when the GTP coupe came, i was very excited and said i had to have one. I had most of the features i wanted and it was a pontiac coupe with V6 and a manual, big pluses in my book. But after driving many cars and reviewing them, the GP GXP kept coming up the winner.

As far as the G35, i love the engine and exhaust note, but the trunk is a joke and im a pretty big guy and could not get comfortable in the seats.
                    ~Dave
                    06 Liquid Silver GP GXP - Leather/Suede, Navigation, Sunroof, HUD, DIC, XM
                    92 Aqua Blue GP GTP - project car
                    93 White GP SE B4U - daily driver 256,219 miles
                    DIC, HUD, quad leather buckets, Buick F-bar, GMPP trailing arms, clear tails, 15% tint

Comment

thats pretty... But its not a G6

Seriously though, nice choice and congrats
                      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

have fun with it!
                        Originally posted by TLS2000
                        Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                        http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                        GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

looks sharp!
                          2006 G6 GTP Sedan Granite
                          Cant really afford mods right now...but at some point...lol
                          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                            Does that surprise you? Comparing a G35 to a G6, cmon now.
                            Yeah, should have known better. RWD still rules when it comes to handling. Pontiac is contemplating switching into RWD only for all their future models. Maybe eventually the G6 will become RWD also.

The G35 has poor trunk space as do all sports cars. When I look at the Solstice it practically has no trunk space at all but it has style.

Comment

Working...
                            X