Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk about the INTERIOR for once...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk about the INTERIOR for once...

SO.. As you can see the G6 Newbie has started another thread.

I am new to this forum, but it seems very popular so let me throw out some more ideas and see what happens this time...eh? I figure, this is the Appearance Section so... enough about performance and lets talk about some custom originality, on the inside.

I am going to buy a better alternator. One that cranks out a lot more amps then I really need. The alternator that comes stock, I almost have maxed out with my inverter and lights, and soon the amp drawing strobes and light bar, the playstation blah blah ect. SO.. buy the better alternator. Keep the juices flowing. But what to do with the amps i will obtain but not use....

1. I have a single set of StreetGlow Red neons under my car now. Hard to see if in a lit parking lot. So I am planning to add another set to double the light. BUT WHAT IF... To intensify the glow I installed two fog machines under the engine and routed the fog to blow from the front towards the back tires? IMO I think It would be rather complimentary of a good Neon Underglow kit. hmm.. great for light shows too.

2. Cameras. I plan to install two. One for rear and one for front. THEN, Install monitors into the driver and passenger sun visors. The driver can watch behind and the passenger can watch the front. Great for not rubbing that front on those damn parking barriers. and when you have both visors down, great just for watching. different perspective when your six inches off the ground then when your eyes are four feet off the ground in a passenger seat. Just a different perspective and cool mod.

3. Playstation 2. I built a playstation 2 into the car with a tv mounted on the backside of the center console. The two passengers in the back can play playstation with wireless controllers BUT WHAT IF I installed a audio/video selector so as when you flip it one way the previously mentioned sunvisors would play their respected angle of camera, and when you flip it the other way the playstation now is video feeding into them... this allows the passenger to join in or simply watch... hmm...

ok those are my top three...

check out this link:

And i know these three more fall under the Audio/Video/Electrical section but.. i didn't want to double post.

Now, go ahead lash out with insults of wasting money. But this is the appearance section... and i thought the saying goes, it's whats on the inside that counts."??

good luck with the alt. I have talked to ohio gen and they still havent gottn back to me with a solution for our alts. I think they will just have to get their hands on a g6 to figure these things out. If I were closer I would let them use mine. And your right these are more like audio video which do have their own section. And expect this to get moved.
    Originally posted by Nikki
    You are an e-pimp.
    Originally posted by beitodesstrafe
    I tried too, my penis way too big
    07 GTP Coupe, Black, GT-R Exhaust #1, Dr speed Cold air box, GM STB, White Face Gauges, Intigrated Ipod, Altezza tails, Painted headlights with black reflectors and no amber turn signal cover and Nokya Ultrawhite bulbs all around, VMS ECM Tune Beotches, With the TCM tune soon to come.
    My youtube. http://youtube.com/user/joebro82
    The old hooptyhttp://www.cardomain.com/ride/2412743

Comment

definitly good luck with it... big projects are always fun

bunches of electronics in a car are not really my thing... but hope you have fun with it!

fog machines... would be something. will you have to take them off the car to refill them? or are you planning a way to get around that? aren't they fairly big... I'd be worried about scraping them off on something when you are on the job... it would look good for shows, but on a daily driver... not so sure
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

id be interested in seeing the monitor you already have with the ps2...

Comment

Re: Lets talk about the INTERIOR for once...

Originally posted by StrandedButNotLost
          I figure, this is the Appearance Section so... enough about performance and lets talk about some custom originality, on the inside.
          I would use the Interior Modifications forum, but that is just me.

Sounds like a big/fun project.
          04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
          Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Sounds like alot of work, best of luck with it.
            06 G6 GTP 6sp Silver Sweet !!!!! PONTIAC

Comment

The "Bluetooth Rearview Mirror HandsFree Car Kit with Ultrasonic Backup Parking Sensors - R330BT" is a really cool idea. Have you done a lot of research into a product like this? Is this the best one out there? I'm not interested in the cell phone functionality, but I think I'd pay the $279 for just the 2 sensors!

I like it so much I'm going to put this idea / product on my wish list for mods to my car.

Let us know how well it works.
              2006 GTP Coupe: Leather, Zinik wheels, GM Strut Bar, DoctorSpeed CAB, Custom Dual Magnaflow's / Resonator Exhaust

Comment

They have those bluetooth mirrors on eBay, but they aren't very good. Pretty cool lookin though.

Comment

I was lookin for some more creative ideas....

with as popular as this forum is you would think we could come up with some cool shit.. what else yall got as far as electronic creativity?

Comment

Working...
                  X