• Show
Clear All

• DRI WASH 'n GUARD® ULTRA-ION™

Brand: DRI WASH 'n GUARD® ULTRA-ION™
    Price: $40
    Purchased From: http://www.waterless-wash.com

Installation: Easy
    Installation Time: About an hour
    Any Installation Tips You Have: They are dead serious when they say not to pump the spray bottle up too much. It'll unseat the gasket and leak all over. Annoying.

Quality of Part: 8
    Product Performance: 9
    Would you Recommend to Others: Yes

Any Other Comments: The main drawback is the price. I have a couple friends using the stuff that swear by it, so I tried some. It's really best after the first couple coats, and I did take my car through a power wash (w/out wax) before applying the first coat. After that, even with moderate dirt/bugs/etc, just spray, wipe, buff.

Things like bugs just fall off the paint now, and a garden hose easily takes off anything that sticks. Running my hand over the paint now almost feels like it's been laminated. Supposedly it works better on dark colors, but I haven't verified that at all.

The good:
    No white crap like most waxes.
    No wash then wax, it's all in one.
    It's expensive, but not more than a commercial car wash... And a much better result

The bad:
    Cost, it's ain't cheap.
    It's not available retail. Either you know a local dealer or you buy from the website.
    It didn't go as far as they say. I was expecting 6 to 8 washes from the little bottle, I got 4. Still $10 per wash matches the local commercial place.

OK, I'm going to update with a new post instead of editing...

I went a good month without washing my car... I know, bad me. But anyways, it looked bad. I'd been through puddles and down dirt roads, and parking under a tree that drops white crap, and all sorts of stuff.

My daughter had soccer practice on Sunday and I decided to do my car while she did that. It took about 45 minutes from start to finish, and that includes wiping down the interior with Meguires automotive vinyl spray... I forget the name, but it sure smells good.

Anyways, all that crap came right off, highly impressed. The terry cloth looks absolutely disgusting, but there's no scratching or anything like I would have suspected. The bugs on the front took a little scrubbing, but nothing more than the terry cloth and a little spray.

Good stuff. Car is sparkling clean, no water used, another protective coat of synthetic wax stuff added, and it was quick and easy.

I highly recommend at least trying it to anyone that wants the car to look good and is willing to spend a little extra in order to to be lazy about it... Spray, rub, light buffing, done.

Comment

Working...
    X