Factory Order Delivery Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Order Delivery Time

Ordering my GT coupe in the morning – any guesses on how long I’ll be waiting for delivery?

6-8 weeks if they are like fords. Depends on build schedule though.
    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
    ^ The Man
    v The Legend

Comment

i was told 5-7 wks when i ordered mine last year...took 8 almost to they day...so figure on 8 weeks

though im not from canada

Comment

When I was looking for a G6 coupe in Febuary if they couldnt find one in the area that I wanted with the options they told me if I order instead about 4-6 weeks.

Next time I buy a new car am going to do my research and see what cars are made in the US/ Canada and if I buy one of them, am going to order mine so and set up a trip and an apointment and watch it get built like alot of people are doing with the 05-06 mustang GTs
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
          Next time I buy a new car am going to do my research and see what cars are made in the US/ Canada and if I buy one of them, am going to order mine so and set up a trip and an apointment and watch it get built like alot of people are doing with the 05-06 mustang GTs
          Is it actually possible to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by dmehak
            Originally posted by dre256
            Is it actually possible to do this?
            Most car companies do, you have to talk to your dealer about it and they have to contact some GM reginal office or something like that. But yes you can watch you car being built and they offer a small tour of the plant. I know a person that saw his 06 mustang GT get built. They assinged him a VIN # a few days after ordering it and tell him what time it got starts being assemebled. His started at like 1015 at night. And took 26-28 hours to it was finished and rolled off of the assembly line. Then you get to sit in it and ect. You cant drive it home though. It gets trucked to the dealership where then you complete your paper work, then its yours.

I belive I was told before only like 8% of all new cars are ordered and not on lots already and out of that 8% only 2% accaully go and watch their car get built
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I was told 6-8 weeks when I was thinking about it.

Comment

I only had to wait 3 weeks for mine from assembly to dealer delivery! :P

2007 G6 GT Convertible
                Crimson Red
                Leather Ebony
                Sports Package
                Monsoon/6 CD
                Dual chrome exhaust

Comment

yea they told me 6-8 but thats just to cover the dealer so it shouldnt take that long....mine came in 3.5 weeks
                  what makes a decision right or wrong is what happens after that decision is made -Marv Levy

'07 GT coupe, black with black rolling on black(crome) The Original

Comment

Working...
                  X