This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad comments on a wet seatbelt

I was riding with my Dad last night in the G6 GT (with a sunroof-take note) and he points out my seatbelt is moist. Also to note it has been raining the last 4 or 5 days here in Wisconsin.

We began inspecting both seatbelts, pulling each seatbelt out all the way. We found a damp feel to both but they did not feel soaking wet. We also inspected the carpet and found it didnt' feel moist. Have any others found "moist" seatbelts? Not caused by a leaky sunroof?

My questions for you guys/gals is if this is from the sunroof leaking drain tubes? Should I take it into the dealership and have them check out the drain tubes?

Re: Dad comments on a wet seatbelt

Originally posted by thearchitectg6gt
    I was riding with my Dad last night in the G6 GT (with a sunroof-take note) and he points out my seatbelt is moist. Also to note it has been raining the last 4 or 5 days here in Wisconsin.

We began inspecting both seatbelts, pulling each seatbelt out all the way. We found a damp feel to both but they did not feel soaking wet. We also inspected the carpet and found it didnt' feel moist. Have any others found "moist" seatbelts? Not caused by a leaky sunroof?

My questions for you guys/gals is if this is from the sunroof leaking drain tubes? Should I take it into the dealership and have them check out the drain tubes?
    yeah this is a pretty common problem. there was a self-fix that was posted i think in the how-to section. otherwise the dealer should be aware of the problem as it is not an isolated case.

Comment

Ok, I'll have to stop into the dealership after work tomorrow.
      Thanks for the help.

Comment

This has been answered a bunch of times... Please use the search, mmmkay?
        Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Working...
        X