RADIO HELP......PLEASE.....!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RADIO HELP......PLEASE.....!!!!

I want to install a dvd/navi player in my ride but i have the radio with all the display info crap.. What do I have to do in order to swap the stock radio out and install an aftermarket tv..? I hear that if you put an aftermarket radio in then you lose the rap feature and warning chimes. 1st off what is the rap feature? 2nd what warning chimes? Isnt there a unit sold to install so that I would keep the radio display and be able to put an aftermarket radio...? Please help any way you can thankx....

Re: RADIO HELP......PLEASE.....!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/METRA-99-3303-New-R ... 4ce815c43b

Comment

that kit only works if your doing a single din radio. if your doin a double din, you can buy that kit and relocate it into your arm rest or glovebox.
      2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
      613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
      New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Are the wires long enough to relocate the DIC to the glovebox or the arm rest/center console?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfoxx
          Are the wires long enough to relocate the DIC to the glovebox or the arm rest/center console?
          From what I remember you have to extend them - it's not that difficult just wire strippers>solder> shrink tube

Lunch breaks are the heroes of my stomache!
          Mods:

Comment

Originally posted by StruttinSoul
            Originally posted by Darkfoxx
            From what I remember you have to extend them - it's not that difficult just wire strippers>solder> shrink tube

you do have to extend them
            2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
            2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
            613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
            11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
            New numbers coming soon........

Comment

Does the metra turbo2 kit allow you to keep the door chimes and everything?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

Comment

Yes!
                106,000 MILES!
                There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
                Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

Working...
                X