Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did something stupid tonight

... but honestly, i'm happy about it.

I turned down an amazing deal on a GTO... I got a letter in the mail, saying they wanted to buy back G6's because they are so popular, they can resale them for alot basically... and they've had like 10 GTO's sitting on the lot the past month...

after appraising mine... they offered to pay it off all I owed, and then sell me the GTO with dealer fees and taxes for LESS than the list price (this was their initial offer)

I drove it... but in the end... I just could bare thinking of parting with my G6... I love it too much, the feel of it, the look... how it sounds (thanks GTR and Kyle)... the mods I made

They wanted the sale bad... at the end, they laid down the paper with the price on it of the buyback and the final deal and asked me

"What can we do to these numbers to get you to drive home in a GTO"

I told 'em

"It's not the money at all, I can easily afford it... but I love my G6 and I don't get that feel from the GTO, sorry for taking your time"

They made some crazy offers, modifying the seats so they were more comfy... getting me any colors / accesories I wanted...

but, I'm happy :smoke:
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

You are devoted! I almost bought a GTO before my G6, and if they didn't sell it from underneath me, I wouldn't be here today! I'm happy with my choice, and it looks like you are too

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

feel free to forward my name...i'll sell mine for a GTO
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Not so sure i would have made the same choice.. But i am very happy with my g6
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by blkGTPcoupe
          +1

CMR tuned Predator by RDP ,Borla 125 cat-back,AEM Brute Force CAB,KW V1s Coilovers,Hotchkis Swaybars

Comment

I think the G6 has a much nicer radio/ middle controls than the GTO does. I like the GTO alot but I personally think the G6 has an overal nicer interier than the goat. I dont know what I would do if they offered to buy back my G6 unless they had something I would like alot I prob stick with the 6er. Reason why not the goat, I like the chalenge of pumping out more HP and like a sports compact car with FWD. The goat already will beat or destroy any car average car out there. So if you get an extra 50HP, doesnt mean much but to get an extra 50HP out of the G6er that would be fun and could enjoy my hard work on it
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

you mean they'd actually take back your car even with everything you've done to it??
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Now that is some G6 pride.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPGuy82
                  you mean they'd actually take back your car even with everything you've done to it??
                  Yeah... I was actually pretty surprised too... but I told them what I had done and they looked at it themselves... and then they gave me the numbers.

I'm really happy this happend, because of the sightly sketchy situation that I got my G6, I always regretted not getting a GTO... now that I got a chance to test drive one, and get a good offer, and turn it down... I'm much happier with my G6 (sure it's not a GTO, it's not RWD, it's not a V8...) It is my car though, is good for dashing through traffic, and I love tooling around with it.

Plus... I've started making (serious) plans for my next 'project car' so I figure, I've got more money to put towards that...

Comment

honestly, the buyback is going on through Saturday, and they really want to sell those GTO's too... you could probably get a good deal if you drove down here this weekend.

Here's their website / contact info if you want to give 'em a call...

they have a $1000 rebate on the GTO as well, just as an incentive for anyone... and if you happen to be active military, you get another $500 off

Comment

i just might drive down and check it out...so how much extra would you have had to pay to get a GTO

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I would have paid them about $16,000 -- I still owe $17,000

basically a new GTO for 33k after dealer charges (I would imagine they'd knock more off for you, my mods counted against me)

-- and this was their initial offer... I probably could have talked another 3 grand off if I wanted to

so say put about $4000 down... then payments on the rest, you'd probably be able to get the 0% financing if you kicked them around a little... and because it is a 2006 still on the lot, you'd get the new extended warrenty (they talked alot about that)

sounds like I am trying to sell cars for them... but that's what they offered me...

Comment

man is this tempting....i think i'd get into too much trouble in a GTO...it's just over an hour away, i may check it out anyways

Comment

my main concern would be snow/ice with it being RWD...anybody know how much of a problem this may be?...if need be, i'll just move to florida if i get one

Comment

my main concern would be snow/ice with it being RWD...anybody know how much of a problem this may be?...if need be, i'll just move to florida if i get one
                              more of a problem than non RWD. i know people who can't drive V6 mustangs in the snow....and on the other side they made a snow tire/winter package for the C5 corvettes. depends on day to day conditions and your ability to drive really.

Comment

Working...
                              X