Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best fuel cleaner

Hey,
    Whats the best fuel cleaner to get. I haven't bought one of these inawhile and just curious what are the best injectors to put into a car...you know, those little 16oz bottles...any advice?

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Re: Best fuel cleaner

sea foam imo
    Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
    JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

If I had to make a choice on 1, I'd go with the Chevron Techron Products and here's why:

Chevron knows fuel, so it stands to reason that the company would understand the chemistry behind cleaning fuel systems. Techron Concentrate Plus cleans carburetors, fuel injectors, intake valves and ports, and combustion chambers. It also clears sulfur deposits while fighting future build-up. Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner proves popular among average consumers, earning nearly 100% ratings in user reviews at Amazon.com. In fact, the one reviewer who did not give it five out of five stars complained about the price rather than its performance.

Yes, I plagerized the description from this website http://best.lovetoknow.com/Best_Fuel_System_Cleaner, but it's my choice, and I'm almost at 100,000 miles. Every oil change I make sure I fill up and put in another bottle of the Techron.

My car still runs as good as it did at 32000 when I bought it 3.5 years ago years ago.

If I had my way, I'd throw in a couple of those Kebbler Elves and a wire brush to clean them!
      "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

LUCAS
        Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

Originally posted by killiger2009
          sea foam imo
          I've used Lucas and NEVER felt or seen any difference what so ever. Everyone swears by Sea Foam BUT you have to do it right. I've never done it myself but just before my next oil change I'm seafoaming the goat.
          TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Sea Foam!
            Custom Flowmaster Exhaust- CRAB Heat Shield- Tiger Ram- Painted Cals- Painted Grills- Eibach ProKit- Racingline S/B- Racingline G/K- Injen Air Intake- Spyder Headlights w/ DDM 5000k Lows- DDM 5000k Fogs- Plasti-Dip Solstice Wheels w/ 5mm Spacers/ Painted- Painted Intake Manifold- Hood Spacers- RotorPros Front/ Rear D/S Rotors- BMD-P Fr. Endlinks- BMD-P SS Brake Lines...

Progression:
            http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18485

Comment

what do you mean do it right?

never heard of sea foam

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

I never even heard that that should be done regularly!? Is this something that you really don't want to skip?
                sigpic
                Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

I just dropped in Pro-Guard FUel INjector Cleaner by Chevron.. 12fl oz
                  and its on sale at Autozone. My first FI cleaner in the G6.
                  Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                  Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                  WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster17
                    what do you mean do it right?

never heard of sea foam
                    I believe he means one of two possiblities on the "Do it right"
                    1: Follow the directions and put the item in at the mileage they recommend
                    2: He uses it and he swears by the product and means, "If your going to use a product, do it right and use Sea Foam, every time"

I've never heard of Sea Foam either, but here's their link http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-tr...rks/index.html

Further investigation I found the directions and they are pretty detailed!

It's a PDF.
                    "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Seafoam is great stuff.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

sorry, I mean following the directions on the can. Yes they are pretty involved but you want to do it correctly. IIRC it says, 1/3 in the gas tank, 1/3rd in the oil (crankcase), and the last 1/3 through a vaccum line-commonly the brake booster line.

IF using the brake booster keep in mind Sea Foam may eat through rubber so make sure it is all sucked in and evaporated from the line. Eating a hole through the rubber within the brake booster is always no bueno.

THEN let is sit for 15-30 mins to eat into all the carbon build up and what not then start the car again, watch in awe of the billowing white smoke and call it a day lol.
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I use Seafoam in all my cars and it works great but the Techron stuff is highly rated also.

I have also used the Seaform in the vacuum system via the power brake booster hose and you'll need about half a can, at least. Let it suck in until the engine stalls and then let it soak with the engine off for a least 15 minutes. Then start the engine AND MAKE SUE YOU DO THIS OUTDOORS as it will blow smoke like you have a broken ring!!! It should run much smoother after that treatment.

Comment

Its a Techron additive.
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon

Its a Techron additive.
                              Domo is Techron? This explains everything!
                              Chris White
                              http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                              2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                              2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                              2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                              2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                              2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Working...
                              X