interior lights on at all times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior lights on at all times?

I did a search and couldn't find anything and I'm not sure if this is the right section but here goes. I asked this question once before and I apologize for posting this again but is there a way to keep the guages and the radio lit at all times? It doesn't matter if I have the lights on auto or if I turn them on if it is not dark enough outside the lights in the interior will not turn on. I'd like to have them on every single time I turn the car on so if anyone has any ideas on how to accomplish this I would be grateful.
    thanks
    bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

cover the circle on your dash with a small half circle, thats what controls the dimmness of dash lighting, i hope i answered your question
    35% front/5% all-around tint, chrome grill,
    MTEC headlight bulbs, cold air box, redline tuning, LED reverse bulbs, passport x50 blue, custom catback system, painted headlights, shaved badges

Comment

Your original thread
      There are a few suggestions in there you can try :smoke:
      Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Or this :P

Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Backlighting Inoperative During Daylight Hours (Reprogram BCM) TSB #06-08-49-016B

Comment

I'm taking it in to the dealer soon and i'll have them fix it. thanks
          bigben

2006 G6 GTP Coupe 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
            Or this :P

Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Backlighting Inoperative During Daylight Hours (Reprogram BCM) TSB #06-08-49-016B
            Does that mean there's a bug in the BCM? Or is it just to change it for the customer's preference? I don't care if the dash lights up during the day or not personally.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
              Does that mean there's a bug in the BCM? Or is it just to change it for the customer's preference? I don't care if the dash lights up during the day or not personally.
              My guess it's just a user preference. I don't see the utility of having that feature modified. But hey, that's just me.
              COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
              Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
              MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
              Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Right - something they made available due to customer complaints. It worked as intended before just some weren't happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                X