Squeaky 6spd shifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky 6spd shifter

would there be anything to lube in the shifter???? everytime i shift i get a squeaky sound from the shifter??? does the trim arround the boot just pop off so i can get to it
    Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Re: Squeaky 6spd shifter

no.

In order to get to the shifter you need to remove the center console

Comment

what even with the manual trans
      Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Comment

Yes...

The boot is attached to the shifter assembely that is attached to the floor...

Comment

? On mine, the boot is just attached to the chrome trim around the bottom. I popped the trim up and was able to get my hand far enough into the assembly to pop off the reverse lock. Where are you planning on lubing it?
          2006 FOM GTP 6MT
          Current Mods:Racingline Strut Bar/Motor Mounts, Injen Clone CAI,KYB Struts,
          10" Solobaric L7, 2200 watt Power Akoustic Amp, 5 farad Cap, 3000k HID Fogs, r1 Premium Rotors/Ceramic pads,Redline Tunning QUICKLIFTS, 'HDGDS' Lip,All debaged except GTP, all black arrowhead overlays, eyebrow overlays.

Comment

i dont know i was just gonna take a look in there but figured i would ask if the trim would just pop off... the squeak is driving me crazy

Comment

Yeah, I just got under it with my finger and loosened it up, I think there's two clamps holding it in place on each side, Could be wrong. While you're down there, pull that PIA reverse lock cable. No point for it IMO.
              2006 FOM GTP 6MT
              Current Mods:Racingline Strut Bar/Motor Mounts, Injen Clone CAI,KYB Struts,
              10" Solobaric L7, 2200 watt Power Akoustic Amp, 5 farad Cap, 3000k HID Fogs, r1 Premium Rotors/Ceramic pads,Redline Tunning QUICKLIFTS, 'HDGDS' Lip,All debaged except GTP, all black arrowhead overlays, eyebrow overlays.

Comment

Working...
              X