Painted the trunk lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted the trunk lock

Finally got around to doing this, and here are the results. Pretty decent I think. In person, from a distance, you have to look really hard to notice anything. I was able to get a good reflection on it too, so it looks and feels just like the paint on the rest of the car.

-Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

-Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
    Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Yeah looks good!!!!!!!!
      Because only a Computer Network Technician can get his internet speeds this fast:

Comment

W000! I was waiting for you to do that. Looks awesome! I wasn't sure how it'd come out. Tell us what paint you used, etc when you have time.

Comment

Good job! How'd you do it? Did you pull out the lock or paint it on the car?

Comment

Looks good Mike
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

thanks. I couldn't figure out how to get that damn lock out, so I did it on the car. Just pulled off the rubber surround and taped all around it. Sanded it a bit, primed, and sprayed with duplicolor universal black gloss paint, then cleared it.
              -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Where did the tinted tails go?

Real good job on the lock.
                BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                ^ The Man
                v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat
                  Where did the tinted tails go?

Real good job on the lock.
                  ^^^^^
                  My Progress thread
                  http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...282#post429282

Comment

Nice

Sharp, Black, and looks so shiny! My Stealth Gray is So Dirty right now!
                    06 Stealth Gray Metallic GT Coupe Dr Speed Stage III Thanks, WCC

Comment

I just noticed...your driver's side exhaust tip needs to be polished!

Comment

Very nice! ... but I still think you should consider making the arrowhead less obvious (since you don't want to get rid of it) ... maybe just dull the chrome or give it a dark tint or just paint it like the lock.
                        (Rev) Greg :: 2006 Fusion Orange GTP Coupe auto - 35% tint - MPD hood - Razzi wing- Dr. Speed CAB - GTR exhaust - GM STB - caliper paint/decals - mesh lower grilles - more to come

Comment

I dont know Rev., I think black and chrome is a good color combination
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Yeah, don't change the arrowhead any more. That looks great right there. As for the lock, it looks AWESOME!
                            I'M A TURNHUG6ER!

Comment

Very nice, I like that a lot!
                              2006 6.0 LS2 GTO Metallic Black
                              2007 3.5 VVT G6 Liquid Silver - Gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X