Sunroof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunroof

didn't get one with a sunroof thinking about getting one...has anyone else?????

I'm not sure I understand. You have a G6 with no sunroof but are thinking of getting one installed? Or of getting a different G6?

Either way, I have a sunroof on my GTP Coupe and I love it.
    Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

Comment

sunroof

no i don't have one...i was think about getting one installed...just wondering if its worth my time....

Comment

Have you ever had a car with a sunroof? I mean, whether or not you like a sunroof is up to you. The best suggestion is to find a G6 with a sunroof and drive it. See how much you like it...then decide yourself! I love mine, but then again, it came with it!
        Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

Comment

I'd say it's probably not worth the money / time unless you really love sunroofs... It would be alot of hassle and not sure how good a custom sunroof would be on leaking...

(not that the factory ones have a great record j/k have had no leaking problems with mine, but I never really use it)
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Re: Sunroof

Originally posted by nname05
            didn't get one with a sunroof thinking about getting one...has anyone else?????
            I had an old sunfire and got a aftermarket one installed in that car. I had it in there for 6-7 years and it only leaked when I went through a super pressure car wash. Then i just siliconed the seal and it was golden. Never had any issues, but I would def check out the place who will be installing it.

Comment

Nah, sunroofs always end up having something go wrong with them IMO.
              Leaking, cracking, motor not working (if motorized), handle breaking if manual. I just feel that your better off not installing one. How much does it cost anyway? Like 2,000?

Comment

we had a sunroof put on by the dealer when we got a deville and it hasnt leaked but the cables rusted once, thanks goodness we had the extended warranty, it cost like $300 something to fix.

Comment

mine wasn't automatic...and the handle did eventually crack, but I never had any issues, other than that 20 buck fix. I've heard that you should NEVER do it, but I didn't have an issue

Comment

I am considerring going this route. I bought my Gt sedan without a sunroof and I will most likely have the dealer install one within the next few months. :smoke:
                    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                      I am considerring going this route. I bought my Gt sedan without a sunroof and I will most likely have the dealer install one within the next few months. :smoke:
                      i'd ask around about the dealer. chances are they are NOT your best route. I went with a hole in a wall place with an amazing reputation

Comment

I was told if the dealer does it i can get them to cover any problems under my warranty and extended warranty.
                        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I can only imagine what it would cost to have an aftermarket sunroof installed. Not only do they have to cut the roof and install it, but then they have to run the drainage tubes on both sides of the car
                          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

i don't think mine was too bad....i'll check on it

Comment

Don't bother.

If you live where it snows you lose half a year where there is no point in using it, 25% of the year to rain, they can leak enough without having open in the rain, 20% of the time it is just to bloody hot and having it open lets all the a/c out. So you are left with 5% of the year when you can use it.

so moonroofs really come down to the mental fact that it could help you get laid. People can say "oh he's cool he, has a window in his roof, must have a little extra money in the bank account to go for the moonroof, I should sleep with him"
                              BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                              ^ The Man
                              v The Legend

Comment

Working...
                              X