Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RRAAAAAAAAAGEEEEE!!!!! Windshield wipers!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRAAAAAAAAAGEEEEE!!!!! Windshield wipers!!!

It's time yet again to replace the wipers on my G6. Is there any after market blades that will fit the clip on my 2008? This clip infuriates me. Not much gets me spun up about this car, but I'd like to drop kick somebody in the junk for this stupid windshield wiper fiasco. This pisses me off more than my clunking intermediate arm in the front end. Here's my clip.

Matt
    2008 G6
    3.5L V6

Re: RRAAAAAAAAAGEEEEE!!!!! Windshield wipers!!!

If you get the OEM replacements they come with adapters to use on 3 different styles of clips, including these

Trico, the brand.....

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
    Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

I cant remember what brand they are but I got some from advanced auto parts and they have that same clip and work a lot better than the OEM wipers

Comment

You think the wipers are a pissoff....wait until the lever for reclining the seats starts breaking!
        2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew

Comment

They should have spent more engineering dollars on things like brake rotors and i-shafts instead of re-designing something worked well for decades.

Comment

You can try NAPA, I had luck with them.
            Kicker KS 6930's 3-Way Rear
            Kicker DS 650's 2-Way Front
            Silver Star 4000k Low Beams
            CRAB Intake : Full System Upgrade and Resonator Removed
            Racingline : Engine Ground Kit
            30% Tint Sides and Rear & Windshield Strip
            Interior Door Trim at Handles and Driver Side Switch Housing : Black
            Pontiac Dart Overlays : Front, Back and Steering Wheel : Black
            Headlight Tint and Eyelids : Black, and Tinted Tails
            Partial DeBadge : GM Badges Removed
            Chrome Exhaust Tip

Comment

Thanks for the tips! Pretty much the only auto part chain stores we have in Alaska, are Napa and CarQuest. The freaking dealer wants $40 each for the wipers! WTF?!? The last time I bought them, I launched into a tirade about the price and they sold them both to me for $40. That's still way too much. That sort of thing just really grinds my gears. My OEM blades didn't come with any extra clips either.
              Matt
              2008 G6
              3.5L V6

Comment

I know I replaced mine with Trico Neoforms--which has the similar pushbutton mechanism.

total was areound $40.
                "Cross creviced chasms vast, and endless plains of unshaven ass"
                ~~GWAR's description of Hell
                SkaĆ°i: 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition

Comment

funny enough i have the same issue. i need to replace mine but refuse to pay 30 a piece for wipers.... ive actually seen newer model 6's with the j-hook arms... which is the general standard for every other car in the world.. lol.. honestly ive been thinking of searching the local yards for the j-hook arms and replacing mine so i dont have to go thru 60-80 for wipers.

Comment

just look in the package for the new blades. the michelin radius have them and the rain-x's do for sure. I've noticed in the smaller sizes that clip isn't included but I see them at walmart, o'whorely, napa, advanced and autozone. just check the package before you buy them. they're there and not hard to find
                    Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Working...
                    X