Question on Winter Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Winter Rims

Quick question with respect to winter rims, just heading to my local junker this week to pick up a pair of used rims to put on our sled for the winter months, will any steel rim off an older Pontiac Grand AM for example be a direct bolt on and be alright with respect to offset ? Anyone gone down this road yet?

Every car I've ever had I put Toyo's on through the winter and loved them, great tires. Thanks in advance....

well grand am's dont have the same bolt pattern as we do so no that wont work out for yah... you would have to find them from a car with our bolt pattern like ours and most of the cars with our pattern come with rim options I believe! Best bet would be to find steelies of a 4banger but good luck with that since they are so new?!
    Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I got mine measured, they fit a saturn/saab wheel setup that you might wanna try. I ended up just buying 4 new steel rims from the dealer. Only cost me about $60CAD/wheel if I can remember after my GM discount.
      A good call is to get 16' rims for the winter too, you're more likely to find a fit.
      "Open Your Mind Before You Open Your Mouth Because You Might Be The One Who's Selling Out"

Comment

I had to pay 85$ CAD per rim for mine! (16 inches) The shop I went to said that in his books the G6 is using new bolt specs. It's the same specs for the Malibu, Cobalt & Pursuit.
        COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
        Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
        MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"
        Clicky for progression place

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

yeah...there are some perks (very few) when you work for GM.
          it is a new bolt pattern, but if you measure it, its close enough to the older saturn one, it will fit, at least thats what the tire shop told me and they seemed to know what they were doing.
          "Open Your Mind Before You Open Your Mouth Because You Might Be The One Who's Selling Out"

Comment

Will the 16" steel rims work with a GTP (stock 18's)? I wanna get some, but I'm concerned that they will not clear the GTP's larger front brakes...

Comment

Originally posted by MaDgamEr
              Will the 16" steel rims work with a GTP (stock 18's)? I wanna get some, but I'm concerned that they will not clear the GTP's larger front brakes...
              The GTP has the same brakes as all the other G6s as far as I know. Nikki put 16" wheels on her GTP no problem.
              04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
              Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

The GT, an GTP come standard with larger brakes actually. Available on the other two models is the ABS package which includes the larger brakes.

There's a chart somewhere on G6ownersclub.com that shows that the 16" steelies won't fit on the GTP, but the 16" aluminum ones will.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

I have 16" "steelies" on my GT which has the larger front brakes with no problem...

Comment

JMAC: Where did you get your steelies? Dealer or aftermarket?

Comment

I got them from the dealer. I went around to about 6 different aftermarket places and they all said it would work but I thought I'd play it safe and get them straight from the dealer.

Comment

are you guys talking about those ugly black looking winter rims that people use in the winter ?? or not

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Originally posted by redsun_ty
                          are you guys talking about those ugly black looking winter rims that people use in the winter ?? or not
                          Yes that is what the OP is talking about. The only reason you would want one of these ugly and heavy wheels is since you don't want aluminum wheels. The price is damn near the same from what I found tonight.
                          04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                          Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Originally posted by mbiker97
                            Originally posted by redsun_ty
                            Yes that is what the OP is talking about. The only reason you would want one of these ugly and heavy wheels is since you don't want aluminum wheels. The price is damn near the same from what I found tonight.
                            yeah ...those things cost money even though they look like shit man!!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Working...
                            X