Best place to place jack stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to place jack stands

i was wondering where are the best places to put 4 jack stands, and and floor jack on a 06 gtp g6
    Mods: Intake resonator removed GTR Exhaust 30% Tint Front 15% Back Crab Intake WAMS 93 octane tune RLP street motor mounts, Debaged, Destriped, and Dashhawk. Infinity Kappa door speakers, Kicker cvx 12, Pioneer AVH-3200 BT Deck, Kicker 700.5 amp

Re: Best place to place jack stands

i put the front under the cradle. the rears i just put on where the lower A-arms meet the "frame"

Comment

if you look on the side molding youll see 2 arrows on each side those are the jacking points so theyd also be good for jack stands

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

those pinch wells get bent if you do it there.

those arrows are for where to put the in-trunk jack...

the jack has a groove in it so that it does not slide when it scisors up.

I would NOT put my jack stands there....

Comment

ive never had a problem and ive done it a ton. only time ive ever seen one of those bend is when there so rusty that they just break off

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

I put mine right under the arrows as well with no problem. If anything just cut out the grooves if youre worried about it.
            Make me a signature and ill put it in here...

Comment

I just insert it into the spot that looks right.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Just got a G6 coupe and planning on working on her myself, got the same question around jacking and jack stand placement. I've jacked up another car on the pinch weld before, and placed jack stands there, but it did bend it a bit (wifes car). I have an adapter for the floor jack that cradles the welded flange, but the stands don't have any such slot cut into them. Is it really safe to keep the car's weight on just the very edge of the welded flange? (terminology might be a bit off here). Anyone have a pic to better illustrate? I know what the manual says, but they also are referring to the spare tire jack and not to placing stands, so it's not really the same.

Comment

Working...
                X