How do you turn off the vents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you turn off the vents?

To start with, I am Polish. But I have a GTP with the automatic climate control. I read the driver manual and it says turn the knob to "O" to turn off the vents. But air still blows thru them. Is it me, am I doing something wrong.

It was beautiful outside last night and here my vents are blowing warm air out while the selection is turned to off. I turn the temp down to 60 degrees trying to trick it into stop blowing warm air out. But it still was blowing. I could turn all four vent slats closed, but what is the point of having an "off" selection if there is still air blowing thru.

I don't want to go back and forth to close/open each individual vent slats every time I change the air.

Does anyone else have this? Or is this one of those stupid design engineering features.

Similar situation - in my mustang, when you turn the heat on the floor, it blows 90% thru the defroster vents on the dash. Ford says that is what is supposed to happen. Needless to say, my feet get pretty cold in the winter. But hey, my windshield is pretty warm.
    "As long as you can laugh at yourself, you will never cease to be amused."
    -unknown

If there is no way to turn it off 100% try putting on defrost instead of vents, or putting it on re-circulating air vs. fresh may do the trick
    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
    ^ The Man
    v The Legend

Comment

mine also blows air out...it isnt that strong of an air, but comes thru, most likely cause the air rushing threw car

as for the ford...that is why you dont buy ford, haha

and putting it on defrost, freezes my upper left leg, from where it shoots toward window and reflects back...quite annoying

Comment

Originally posted by bluegtp33
        as for the ford...that is why you dont buy ford, haha

...quite annoying
        I guessed it might be the design thing. And I agree, nothing big, but it is annoying. I will try the re-cric button. Maybe that can stop most of it.

I figured I would get the Ford comment. I have owned three mustangs (one still currently) and a T-Bird. It was tough for me to convert and by a GM. But I am happy. They both have their shitty qualities in them and they both have things I like too.
        "As long as you can laugh at yourself, you will never cease to be amused."
        -unknown

Comment

i don't think you can use the recirc button if the fan speed is set to off
          -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
          Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

and I think recirc is only for the vents which wont help you much haha
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

With it on fresh, there is obviously an open vent to the outside, putting it on recirc (before you shut it off) would close the vent, which might stop the forced air coming through while at speed.
              BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
              ^ The Man
              v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat
                With it on fresh, there is obviously an open vent to the outside, putting it on recirc (before you shut it off) would close the vent, which might stop the forced air coming through while at speed.
                Except for the inability to use the recirc button while the fan is off, that would work.

Change the vent setting to something other than the top vents.

sigpic
                Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

putting it on recirc then shutting it off does not work...just tried it

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                  Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

i can push my vents closed with my finger.

Comment

Comment

lol. Only Brian could think of something that simple.. haha

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Re: How do you turn off the vents?

Originally posted by Kluski
                          To start with, I am Polish. But I have a GTP with the automatic climate control. I read the driver manual and it says turn the knob to "O" to turn off the vents. But air still blows thru them. Is it me, am I doing something wrong.

It was beautiful outside last night and here my vents are blowing warm air out while the selection is turned to off. I turn the temp down to 60 degrees trying to trick it into stop blowing warm air out. But it still was blowing. I could turn all four vent slats closed, but what is the point of having an "off" selection if there is still air blowing thru.

I don't want to go back and forth to close/open each individual vent slats every time I change the air.

Does anyone else have this? Or is this one of those stupid design engineering features.

Similar situation - in my mustang, when you turn the heat on the floor, it blows 90% thru the defroster vents on the dash. Ford says that is what is supposed to happen. Needless to say, my feet get pretty cold in the winter. But hey, my windshield is pretty warm.
                          yes there is a way to turn the air off completly. turn off ur air (O) then press the recirc button and the light should come on. i do it all the time and it works, if it doesnt i must be lucky i can

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
                          Originally posted by ahuhn
                          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by bristol16
                            i can push my vents closed with my finger.
                            I was just going to say that. Nice work!

p.s. To the OP it must be the Polish in ya.
                            04 CTS-V......like a G6, but with an extra 200hp, a proper transmission, and it is correct wheel drive:
                            Self described crotchety old man!

Comment

Re: How do you turn off the vents?

Originally posted by snowmanG6
                              yes there is a way to turn the air off completly. turn off ur air (O) then press the recirc button and the light should come on. i do it all the time and it works, if it doesnt i must be lucky i can
                              Mine works like this too.. y'all are crazy
                              2006 G6 GTP Coupe
                              :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
                              :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
                              :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Working...
                              X