Mobile 1 switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile 1 switch

Well I have been thinking about this...I read some of the site that Jake (beitodesstrafe) recommended.

http://www.carbibles.com/

The thing is, I sold my hydraulic jack and car ramps after I bought the G6. I take the car to the dealer for oil changes, as I used to always do my own, but after getting the G6 I was through with changing my oil and then having to dispose of it, (taking it to somewhere that would accept it)

If I went with Mobile 1, where will I dispose of the used synthetic oil?

Even though I got my G6 the day after Thanksgiving last year, I only have 5400 miles on the car. Will I need to flush the engine B4 using M1?

Suggestions?
    2006 G6 GT Liquid Silver Sedan with leather package, Monsoon sound w/6 CD, 17" alloy rims, standard sunroof, Dr Speed CAB, GM strut bar...

you don't need to flush it, just do a normal oil change but use Mobil 1 instead of whatever you usually use.

and any place that disposes of conventional motor oil should dispose of synthetic also.

Comment

some gas stations take used oil and auto sevices so (mechanic shops).
      You dont have to flush your engine before putting synthetic oil in it but you should change your oil every 3-4 months or 3000 miles and not wait so long to change it. When you run synthetic I recomend 4-5K mile oil changes or 4-6 months but no longer than that long becuase you can start to build up "sledge" in the motor and ruin the engine over time if you wait so long between oil changes.
      2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
      Gotta have it Green color
      Brembo brake package
      420 HP 5.0L
      Ford Racing Power Pack
      GT500 track pack differential cover
      BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
        You dont have to flush your engine before putting synthetic oil in it but you should change your oil every 3-4 months or 3000 miles and not wait so long to change it. When you run synthetic I recomend 4-5K mile oil changes or 4-6 months but no longer than that long becuase you can start to build up "sledge" in the motor and ruin the engine over time if you wait so long between oil changes.
        Yes, but isn't one of the advantages of M1 is that it doesn't have the sledge problem like a minerial oil?
        2006 G6 GT Liquid Silver Sedan with leather package, Monsoon sound w/6 CD, 17" alloy rims, standard sunroof, Dr Speed CAB, GM strut bar...

Comment

how would they know if it's synthetic or not? Just drop it off, pay the fee, and adios.
          -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by 06_G6_GT
            Originally posted by dre256
            Yes, but isn't one of the advantages of M1 is that it doesn't have the sledge problem like a minerial oil?
            Mobil 1 syenthtic is ALOT better than minerial oil. But over time if not changed it still can cause a "sledge" build up. It takes alot longer though than conventional oil but is possible. Still even at an oil change every 6months it would be fine but I personally wouldnt go 9months to a year with out an oil change.
            2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
            Gotta have it Green color
            Brembo brake package
            420 HP 5.0L
            Ford Racing Power Pack
            GT500 track pack differential cover
            BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I would. Owner's manual says it's fine.
              -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

^^ you mean that pos in my glovebox that doesnt have a light

Comment

^ yup.
                  -Mike #1

Comment

i dont trust those things at all 3k is the way to go

Comment

i've gone 7k on mobil1 already...changing it tomorrow probably
                      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
                      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

I wouldn't recommend diving right into synthetic. Whenever switching from conventional to synthetic you should change your oil to a synthetic blend, then for the next oil change use full on synthetic. Switching directly from conventional to synthetic COULD cause leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by W-BodyGTP
                          I wouldn't recommend diving right into synthetic. Whenever switching from conventional to synthetic you should change your oil to a synthetic blend, then for the next oil change use full on synthetic. Switching directly from conventional to synthetic COULD cause leaks.
                          only on a really new engine...

If you've already got say >5000 miles, you should be golden
                          Originally posted by TLS2000
                          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

On a older engine yeah, but shouldn't be any issues with a newer engine. Heck even on a older engine you might as well stick with the dino oil, if that's what has been in it all the time.

Comment

I've been using Mobil1 ever since 600kms. No problems with my engine leaking.

You just drain the old oil, and put the M1 in, there's no need to flush it. I just did my second oil change (by the OLM) today at 17,500kms. I got a lecture from a service advisor at the dealership that I should be doing it every 5k, and I was like, "Why? GM says to do it when the car tells you to!"

He told me that they still recommend every 5k.

sigpic
                              Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Working...
                              X