Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monsoon 8-Speaker System, only see 6. Location of other 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon 8-Speaker System, only see 6. Location of other 2?

I haven't gone over the car with a fine tooth comb yet, but from a quick glance I can only see 6 speakers - the two tweeters near the mirror in the front doors, the two mids at the bottom of the front doors, and the two 6x9's or whatever size they are in the rear deck.

Also, have any of you really cranked your stereo for an extended period of time? I have a really bad habit of blowing stock speakers in my past cars, so I'm a little leary about cranking it past the 3/4 mark or so. Any blown speakers to report?

Thanks, Kevin.
    -Kevin
    2006 G6 Sedan GT (12/31/2005 - 11/5/2006. RIP)
    2007 G6 Sedan GTP (finally arrived 1/9/2007)

you should have tweeters, mids, and a full range in each door making 6 total speakers, then the two in the rear deck lid making the total of 8 speakers. As for cranking the volume, thats the only way I listen to mine-about 3-4 clicks past full volume and I have yet to have any problems what so ever when them. One time I thought I blew my tweeters but come to find out it was just my sirius radio setup, changed it and they crackling went away. The monsoon setup can take quite a beating.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Yea, I've put mine on full blast before, and there's very little distortion. It is an excellent sound system.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
        you should have tweeters, mids, and a full range in each door making 6 total speakers, then the two in the rear deck lid making the total of 8 speakers. As for cranking the volume, thats the only way I listen to mine-about 3-4 clicks past full volume and I have yet to have any problems what so ever when them. One time I thought I blew my tweeters but come to find out it was just my sirius radio setup, changed it and they crackling went away. The monsoon setup can take quite a beating.
        Hmmm, I was thinking maybe they consider the 6x9's or whatever size they are as two speakers-in-one. I'll have to take a good look at the doors then, because I swear it only has the tweeter and a 4" or 5" mid.

Thanks for the replies about the volume. Some of my music can be bass heavy, so I didn't want to over do it. I feel more comfortable about putting the system through it's paces after hearing that.
        -Kevin

Comment

I have to say this is a damn nice stock system. I blare the damn thing constantly, with no distortion. Good, tight bass too.
          "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

I would say they wouldnt procduce a car that when turned up to full volume the speakers blow... You would probably be good all the way up
            2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

The coupe and sedan have diffrent speaker locations. Coupe has high, mids, and lows in each door.. and a pair of 6x9 on the deck lid. Sedans are diffrent.. but I can't recall where the speakers are at. Not 1 in each rear door? I know that the front doors of the sedan only have 2 speaker grills. Are you sure that the highs are up on the corner of the dash, mids and low in the door? Seem to recall something like that going on in the sedan...
              Straight up Pimp Trollin'
              2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
              w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
                The coupe and sedan have diffrent speaker locations. Coupe has high, mids, and lows in each door.. and a pair of 6x9 on the deck lid. Sedans are diffrent.. but I can't recall where the speakers are at. Not 1 in each rear door? I know that the front doors of the sedan only have 2 speaker grills. Are you sure that the highs are up on the corner of the dash, mids and low in the door? Seem to recall something like that going on in the sedan...
                Thanks for pointing out the difference between the coupe and sedan door panels. I came across some interior photos on the net that back this up.

No speakers in the rear doors as far as I can tell. The dashboard has slotted vents on each side, but those are definitely defroster ports. The tweeters are right near the side-view mirrors with a single mid toward the base of the door.

I emailed GM, so we'll see what they have to say. They'll most likely feed me a line about how the 6x9's are really two speakers in one.
                -Kevin

Comment

There is a song on linkin park reanimation and it has crazy low bass, I could never play that in any car without an aftermarket system. With this Monsoon setup I can crank it and it just rattles your brain. Actually that was my first test when I drove the car home-to see if it would play that song and it did better than most aftermarket systems I've heard.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

Dang... now i kinda wish i wouldve gotton that monsoon system. Sounds really good.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
                    2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

I like the feature that automaticly raises and lowers the volume to how fast you're driving. But yes, it's a killer system.
                      "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

Haha my sister had that in her old sunfire, and yeah i wish i had it because the faster i went the faster the music would make me wanna go - vicious cycle, ye be warned

Comment

Originally posted by Teelo
                          Haha my sister had that in her old sunfire, and yeah i wish i had it because the faster i went the faster the music would make me wanna go - vicious cycle, ye be warned
                          I had it in my 02 Cavalier also, auto volume is a great invention. As for you Teelo-just throw in some subs and use your stock speakers for the High's

Comment

lol yeah, i could care less about the treble

Comment

just cause you guys posted this thread, i went and looked in my car for all eight speakers, and to no surprise i only found 6 locations. i will keep you posted if i find the other two.

P.S. Monsson rocks, one of the best stock systems i've heard to date...
                              2005 G6 GT - slapstick - stealth grey mettalic - Leather, panoramic, heated seats, , 17'' chromes, Hyper White LED map, dome, and plate lights, 30% tint, intake resonator removed, and all other options available for 2005 GT. ECE spec projector headlight retrofit coming next.

Making the world go round since "1981"

Comment

Working...
                              X