Crank pulley and tensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank pulley and tensioner

I need the part numbers for the crank pulley and the tensioner ASAP. I can't use gmpd to get it since I'm using my phone and gmpd's catalog won't work so any help is appreciated.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Re: Crank pulley and tensioner

found the tensioner and it's $53-$59

still need to find the crankshaft pulley. i emailed wot-tech about making a UDP

Comment

crank pulley is 12588034

Comment

Originally posted by mike91y2k
        found the tensioner and it's $53-$59

still need to find the crankshaft pulley. i emailed wot-tech about making a UDP
        Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't UDP only useful on manuals?

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
        I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

NoMONo

Comment

NoMONo
            I have no clue why I typed that like that. Anyway, no they do not just work with manuals. Also, I found a lightweight billet aluminum underdrive pulley that I shall be trying. I'll be the guinea pig.

Comment

NoMONo
              I have no clue why I typed that like that. Anyway, no they do not just work with manuals. Also, I found a lightweight billet aluminum underdrive pulley that I shall be trying. I'll be the guinea pig.
              Cool let us know how it works out for you. I was just told this from a shop, my boy was gonna buy some for his car and the guy told him straight up... if you have an automatic it isn't even worth buying. I was like oooooookkkkkkkk what does that have to do with it?

I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

It's the same thing manual or automatic. It's not worth buying and doing IMO unless you're already replacing the crankshaft pulley like I'm doing.

Comment

So with that said... what are the benefits gained by this and how much is the cost?

Comment

I believe I may gain 1-2hp and it'll rev quicker along with making my power curves a bit more flat. But a drawback is for people with systems, your accessories will be getting a little less power. But that doesn't affect me.

Ben's working on a LX9 3500 pulley now, but told me to check out stock sized 3400 pulleys as they're a bit smaller in diameter.

So $65 for the pulley, $60 for the tensioner, and $20+ a pizza for installation makes this whole repair/upgrade about $150 which isn't bad at all...

Comment

I believe I may gain 1-2hp and it'll rev quicker along with making my power curves a bit more flat. But a drawback is for people with systems, your accessories will be getting a little less power. But that doesn't affect me.

Ben's working on a LX9 3500 pulley now, but told me to check out stock sized 3400 pulleys as they're a bit smaller in diameter.

So $65 for the pulley, $60 for the tensioner, and $20+ a pizza for installation makes this whole repair/upgrade about $150 which isn't bad at all...
                      Cool.

Comment

Also unless my math is wrong, I need to find an 87.79" belt, which they don't make...

Comment

get an 85" and a heat gun...
                          sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

the 3400 UDP is 1.56220472 inches smaller. so 23.87% smaller which should be fine. and that means i need an 86.68" belt. they make 88.50 and an 86.88" belt. i'm guessing the 86.88" would work better and the tensioner could remove slack...

Comment

Nevermind. Not going to go the UDP route. The one I was looking at does not have a harmonic damper and that's bad. I'll just be replacing it with a stock 3500 pulley....

Comment

Working...
                              X