Fog lamps always on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog lamps always on?

Is there a way to do this. I'm getting annoyed having to push the button every time i come off high beams or just start the car.

I wish they'd just stay on.
    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

yea just rewire them directly to the ignition.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

anything is possible, but you'd have to rewire it somehow....there's no quick fix way of doing it....i'm so used to turning them on when i get in the car that i don't even realize i'm doing it
      -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
      Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

me too, I wish the fog switch and also the recirculation switch for the A/C didn't reset every time the car shuts off.
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Mine stay on when I go back to dims

Comment

Originally posted by G6Performance
            me too, I wish the fog switch and also the recirculation switch for the A/C didn't reset every time the car shuts off.
            That AC thing is a pain in the ass. Every time I start the car the AC is on, even if it isn't needed.

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

here is the write-up i put on another forum. i guess it can be made a how-to if you want since the fog light button bothers so many people:

it can be easily done, just not using the stock switch. since the switch on the dash is a 'momentary' switch you just bypass it. you can quickly and safely wire the fog lights to turn on with the headlights using a relay and some wiring if you know what wires to go after.

i think the headlights and foglights should have negative triggers and i drew that diagram accordingly. of course i have been up all night so someone can feel free to correct me if that drawing doesn't look right.

it's pretty easy though, just give the foglights a new ground, and wire them through the relay. have the relay turn on when the headlights are turned on and everyone is happy

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                Mine stay on when I go back to dims
                same here.
                COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6
                Clicky for progression place

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).
                MODS - COMING SOON: None... for now!

Also in the parking lot: 2008 Pontiac Torrent "Podium Edition"

My first G6 - Lease ended - but not forgotten

Comment

Crazy Canadians!
                  Straight up Pimp Trollin'
                  2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
                  w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Originally posted by CoupeOfG6
                    Crazy Canadians!
                    ???

Me or the Newf?

sigpic
                    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Crazy Canadians!
                      Yeah? What's that supposed to mean? (I was talking about the )

COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

CURRENT MODS: C.R.A.B.S. (O3), 20% Tint, Upper & lower recessed grilles (black), LEDs (dome light, trunk, licence plate & reverse lights), DRL delete, intake resonator delete, Dart & trunk keyhole overlays, debadge, '09 Stock radio (with AUX IN), '10 HVAC controls, Hood quicklifts, Eagle Eyes black projector headlights, LED brake/turn lights (including 3rd brake light LED retrofit), Pioneer speakers (front & back), Bazooka BTA8100FHC 8" Subwoofer, Hidden 12v adapter (that turn on with the ignition), EE Halo DRL bypass (How-to).

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                        Crazy Canadians!
                        ???

Me or the Newf?
                        lol....

come on now, we're all crazy!!!
                        The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
                          Crazy Canadians!
                          ???

Me or the Newf?
                          lol....

come on now, we're all crazy!!!
                          I'm only crazy because I have french people on my mom's side.

sigpic

Comment

I'm only crazy because I have french people on my mom's side.
                            What's that supposed to mean? (I was talking about the )

Yup. We are DAMN CRAZY! WhOohoO!
                            COULOMJO - 2006 G6 V6

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X