Will 16" rims fit an 06 gtp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will 16" rims fit an 06 gtp?

Will 16" rims fit an 06 gtp? I want to get winter tires, but I don't want to buy 18" tires or a set of 17"s.

Re: Will 16" rims fit an 06 gtp?

yep

and...
    Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

Ok, just wanted to be sure. I was told they won't fit because the brake calipers on the GTP were larger. And thanks for the Welcome... I would post pics, but it is winter.... and I lack a garage.

Comment

Yeah, they should fit and WELCOME! go to the intro thread and say hi!
        Click Here

Comment

to G6P oh and

I'll trade you my rims for your GTP's

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
          I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
            I'll trade you my rims for your GTP's
            Me too!

Comment

Yes they will fit. I have a set of 16" steelies with Winterforce tires. I got them for $300 total from Tirerack.com I tested them and they fit and from what I hear they are pure sex in the snow.

FYI

2 - 215/65R16 Firestone Winterforce
              2 - New Steel Wheel 16X6.5 Black

I put them on the front for super snow donuts

Btw, "6-speed manual" I noticed that you have a man pedal. I don't!
              sigpic
              Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Originally posted by Gorno
                Ok, just wanted to be sure. I was told they won't fit because the brake calipers on the GTP were larger. And thanks for the Welcome... I would post pics, but it is winter.... and I lack a garage.
                You will want to make sure to check the offset on the 16" wheels to double check they will fit over the calipers...
                2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Premium Edition
                2.0 Turbo 5-Speed Automatic
                Tsukuba Red

Comment

Originally posted by Kleindl

You will want to make sure to check the offset on the 16" wheels to double check they will fit over the calipers...
                  Hmm I wish I knew anything about tires and wheels.... I have two 16 steels from a g6 if that helps.... But I will try and mount one in the next week or so.

Comment

they should work
                    87 Jeep Comanche Metric Ton
                    90 Eagle Talon TSI
                    09 G6 Progression(New Car)
                    My Progression

Comment

Next question.... some tire shops are telling me to go with 225 60/16, but others including some of you, say the 215 65/16 is the best bet because it is taller. Which is closet to the same size of the original 18s?

Comment

Originally posted by Gorno
                        Next question.... some tire shops are telling me to go with 225 60/16, but others including some of you, say the 215 65/16 is the best bet because it is taller. Which is closet to the same size of the original 18s?
                        In the snow, the narrower the tire the better. I would go with 205/65-16.

Comment

Hmm it appears that the ghetto rubber I am buying from Canadian tire does not have a 205/65-16 only 215 and 225. So I will just go with the 215.

Comment

Working...
                          X