X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Accessory Trunk Organizer

Brand: General Motors
    Price: About $120.00 US if purchased at a dealership
    Purchased From: Dealership (installed in car before I bought it) I suggest you search other vendors if you are interested in purchasing one. Surely it can be gotten cheaper.
    Part Information as listed on Pontiac Accessories website:
    Universal Cargo Organizer with Adjustable/Removable Dividers Notchback 12498559 $120.00

Picture from GM's website:

EDIT: GPMPARTSCHEAP.COM sells this part for $90.00. GMPARTSDIRECT.COM sells this part for $108.33

Installation: EASY

Installation Time: Seconds

Any Installation Tips You Have:

This accessory includes a grippy rubber insert in the bottom, velcro nylon straps, self-adhesive velcro strips, and self-adhesive rubber strips for mounting any way you choose in your trunk. However it is such a good fit from L-R that there really is no need to INSTALL it. It seems to stay put pretty well on it's own no matter how much junk I stuff into it.

Quality of Part: (rate 1-10) 10

Product Performance: (rate 1-10) 10

Would you Recommend to Others: Yes, providing you get it at a better price than dealer list. I use this organizer all the time. Have put some pretty heavy objects in it, including shopping bags and bottles which would normally be difficult to keep secure in the trunk. To date, not a single problem with loading this thing up with heavy stuff and having it all stay put.

Any Other Comments:

This is an extremely well made product, formed of heavy-duty plastic. It is very easy to place in the trunk, and it fits perfectly in the space between the left and right cargo nets. Once it's in the trunk, the two hinged lids lift up, you slide the (2) removable center dividers into place, and then lift and click the (2) end pieces in place, which form (3) partitions and ultimately hold the unit together. Once assembled, this makes a very rigid box as shown in the pictures. To fold it flat (down to about 1.5" thick) you reverse the process. There are two twist locks on the the ends that secure the lids in place and a molded handle for removing and storing the unit out of the car.

When I do eventually sell this vehicle I will NOT be leaving the organizer in the trunk! This baby is coming with me, and will be in every trunk I own going forward.

Here's what it looks like in my trunk....

SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Nice box!!!!

Comment

120 bucks kinda of price rapeing though!!!

2006 Black G6 Sedan , Mobil 1, Custom license Frame Plate, Solar Gard Flim 20% Tint ,Vision Bulbs 6000k HID

Comment

Nice box!! Put some subwoofers in it, that would be hot. J/K
        That fits perfectly and it breaks down too? You cant beat that

Comment

Damn that thing is pretty nice, kinda want one.

Comment

Can you get me the exact measurement from back plastic where it sits against to the front of the box. I need to know exactly how much floor space it takes up. I really like the box but with my speaker box it might not allow enough room.
            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Yep, I can do that, but unfortunately it'll take me till this weekend. I'm away on a BIZ trip, and won't be home till Friday night. I promise to get that to you when I get back. :smoke:
              Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
              Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Originally posted by Tin_Indian_G6
                Yep, I can do that, but unfortunately it'll take me till this weekend. I'm away on a BIZ trip, and won't be home till Friday night. I promise to get that to you when I get back. :smoke:
                No rush, thanks alot, i appreciate it. It looks like (from the pic) it just might fit, but i dont wanna spend the money if it doesnt. Thanks. :smoke:
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Hey Kyle, it's 17 3/4" from the black trim to the front of the box. :smoke:

Comment

Re: GM Accessory Trunk Organizer

I finally picked one of these up.

Brand: GM
                    Price: $175 at my (Cdn) dealer... I paid about $130
                    Purchased From: Dealership, shipping from paceparts (ie GMPD) would have put the total cost at the same price I could get at the dealer. Plus the dealership was able to get it in the next day, rather than waiting at least a week to get it from online I picked the dealer.

Installation: Very easy.
                    Installation Time: Less than 5 min, just take it out of the box and put it in. No assembly, no finicky packaging, just straight forward. Takes seconds to collapse and put up.
                    Any Installation Tips You Have: Not really, I'd recommend using the velcro feet though. The rubber pads don't really hold as well.

Quality of Part: 9
                    Product Performance: 10
                    Would you Recommend to Others: Yes

Any Other Comments: It's slightly wider than I was expecting, so it's somewhat of a hassle to put in and out of the car since you have to angle it slightly. I was hoping you could just lift it in and out, but you also get more space out of it so you can take that for what it's worth I don't expect to be taking it out a lot anyway. I guess it's mostly because it's not G6 specific, the same part # is used for several GM cars. The quality is very good, it's very sturdy and the sides/bottom is very thick for heavy stuff. You don't have to install the center dividers but it's somewhat flimsy without them, when they are all in it's not an issue. You could probably find a general organizer for far less, but I feel even at this price it was well worth it.

Comment

I need one of these

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                      Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

price is kinda high

Comment

Yeah, but you bringing Dan's post to the top FTMFW!
                          G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                          Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                          Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                          20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Way to scour the site Boomer!!
                            Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

This reminds me I was suppose to take some pics of it for some people. Oops.

Comment

Working...
                              X