Tire Storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Storage?

So I know Im not the only person on here that swaps rims and tires between the summer and winter.

Long story: In Nov. of 08 I got snow tires put on my stock rims because my orginal tires were bald as a babys ass and I planned on getting a nice set of rims and tires to go pimpin through the summer on. When I took off my winter tires I just put them on a price of cardboard and staked them in the corner of my garage. I figured that would be ok because my garage usually doesnt get any warmmer than the outside anyway. Now this last friday morning I woke up to 5" of snow on my car. So I decided to switch back and I put my beautiful stock rims with my sticky Dunlop winter tires back on.

Short story: Now I have my summer tires off and sitting in my non heated barely insulated garage. So... What do I do with them?

Should I bleed out all of the nirtogen(Belle tire fills there tires with Nitrogen instead of compressed air) or should I drop the pressure or put cardboard between the slices of my Wheel sandwich, or would it make it better if I just cleaned them and threw them in my basement?
    Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
    INDIAN WARRIORS
    1926-2010

Re: Tire Storage?

keep them in your bedroom till the snow goes away

Comment

Then again... If I would have got the wheels I wanted to they would already be pushing my off my own bed at night.
      Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
      INDIAN WARRIORS
      1926-2010

Comment

Just don't keep them on the cement floor where they will get super cold and be subject to extreme weather changes and it will be fine. My winters went on last Friday and summers are currently in the attic.
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

just leave the air in them clean them up (so the dirt doesnt get stuck or eat the rims) and store them somewhere nothing to complicated bout it

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
          Originally posted by snowmanG6
          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by ahuhn
            just leave the air in them clean them up (so the dirt doesnt get stuck or eat the rims) and store them somewhere nothing to complicated bout it
            Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

You should be fine with them in the garage. I put my snows mounted on steelies on this past Saturday and have the factory 18's with the summer tires on them in the basement.

Comment

Originally posted by gt08
                keep them in your bedroom till the snow goes away
                That's where mine went, spare bedroom ftw!!
                My Cardomain Page

20% all around black tint, 17” black MSR-040 rims, red calipers, 3rd brake overlay, tinted tails, black emblem overlays, front & rear Alpine speakers, 2-10" Alpine subs, 500 watt Rockford Fosgate amp
                Mods planned soon: On hold for now
                Future Mods: 18" MSR's, 6000K HIDs, Interior LED's, Metra kit w/ Alpine CDE-102
                Originally posted by 1BADG6GT
                LOL. Freakin Sara... you and your AWESOME Gyna!!!

Comment

I cleaned mine up and put them in the boxes my winter tires came in. I just stacked them up in the garage.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                  4 door mafia
                  93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                  8000k hid's
                  Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                  Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                  13.207@107.11
                  330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

Working...
                  X