Could Pontiac be Revived?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Pontiac be Revived?

Don't take this with any degree of certainty, but it's the first tiny glimmer of hope I've gotten from GM in well over a year.

When one employee asked Whitacre if he would consider reviving the Pontiac or Hummer brands, Whitacre shrugged.

"I'd say the probability is low. But I don't know. I'm new to this business," he said.
    Note: He did not say there is no chance. He did not say the probability is zero.

Full article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34272650/ns/business-autos/
    2009 PONTIAC G8
    MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Re: Could Pontiac be Revived?

Well I'd rather hear a "I Don't Know" over a "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Guess it somewhat brings some hope

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
    G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Honestly though, there is like a .5% chance of Pontiac ever being revived and will most likely never happen. However.. as it stands on itself, I think it has a better chance of getting revived as opposed to Olds getting revived and such.
      2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
      Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
      Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
      2005 CGM GTO.
      386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
      2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Pontiac probably has the best chance against olds, hummer and saturn

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
        G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

It won't.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

ooooooooo god not this again! with what happened to Saturn I dont know if I could take hearing/reading about this everyday.

Just say Yes definitely or NO!!!!!!!!! no hummmmmmm I dont know..........
            ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
            .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

CLEAR!!!!

It'll probably happen in 20 years. OR, someone could buy the Pontiac stuff and it could turn out like DMC. There was a company that bought all the spare parts from DeLorean when it went down. Now for $25,000 you can have them build you a brand new 30 year old DeLorean.

Group buy! Who's in?
              sigpic
              Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

Thing is DMC used all their own parts and such. They would buy parts from suppliers.. they used Renault engines or something, and their own frame/body.. and trannys from other suppliers....

GM... for example if a company tried to build a G6.. they would essentially need all the parts and supplies they make for Malibu's and such and access to the same frame and such. That would be a problem for GM. That's why they didn't sell Pontiac or Olds... they were to intigrated into GM platforms and corporate and their fans/loyalists thing is heritage. This is why they did not sell Pontiac or Olds as no one would buy them if they were taken over by another company. For example, Saturn, they were spinning off and supplying cars for them for a few years before they would basically need to make or supply their own cars completely. Saturn guys wouldn't care.. but say if Penske bought Pontiac or something too.. and make a totally new car like the GTO but it was no way connected to GM, or anything, the wouldn't buy it. They had enough of a headache when they had Holden make the GTO and import it to the US.. even though it contained American designed trannys and the American designed LSx engines. Pontiac "loyalists" didn't buy it and hated them.
                2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
                Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
                Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
                2005 CGM GTO.
                386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
                2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Not a chance. GM still owns the Pontiac and Olds names, not to revive them in the future, but to own rights to all the merchandising.

I could only hope DMC goes through with the DMC Solstice so I can own one, but from where it stands doesn't seem like it's happening since Wilmington is already closed.
                  <-- Gray G6? Click!
                  2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                  2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                  Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

I think Pontiac WILL come back! idc what anyone else says, It's gonna happen!

Comment

When the market strengthens and GM cant keep up with the demand of the fast growing population they will revive Pontiac. I will say inside of ten years the Pontiac name will be yet again the GM performance division

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                      Originally posted by [i
                      Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

In about ten years it will happen.

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
                        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
                        Show
                        -20% tint
                        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
                        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

Originally posted by markpetersonii
                          I think Pontiac WILL come back! idc what anyone else says, It's gonna happen!
                          Amen

2007 supercharged GT: 3.6 pulley, Intake, AL104s, 180* t-stat, overkilled pcm, SSAC style headers, 2.5" cat-back, gauge pod with aeroforce, boost and, OP gauges, Inferno hood (functional), tint and, rims.

Comment

I said this to some people I work with "with Fritz out of the picture, alot is gonna change". Come on, congress wants dealers reinstated. IMO, they are gonna try to fix Hendersons' f@@@k ups. Alot of people did not like Henderson and he was the one who axed Pontiac.

2009 Liquid Red G8GT
                            4 door mafia
                            93 octane VMS ecm/tcm tune
                            8000k hid's
                            Solo Mach Shorty & HFC's
                            Rotofab cai and radiator cover
                            13.207@107.11
                            330 hp/328 tq on a Mustang dyno

Comment

It will be just like a sequal, it will come back better than ever with special editions to kick it off. Like the Camaro did.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                              Originally posted by [i
                              Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Working...
                              X