Any update on springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any update on springs?

All the threads on lowering springs seem to be a little dated. Has anyone heard if the Eibach or H & R Springs are available yet?

What spring gives a 1.25" to 1.5" drop. I think the 1.75" drop looks too low to me...thanks!
    Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

heres the SSC springs..... 1.4" drop

http://www.zzperformance.com/g6/products1.php?id=457

Comment

thanks! Has anyone used those springs? Pics? Ride quality?
      Some days your the dog...some days your the fire hydrant!

Comment

actually im debating between those and the CMS springs that lower 1.75"....don't know if i want that drastic of a drop...especially because i want to get the razzi ground effects....

Comment

Those sound pretty cool, I mean same drop as Eibach, but half the price. Pretty fricken sweet. I think i might look into this in the near future. Thanks for the link.

Comment

eibach springs

i talked to an eibach rep. and he said that the would be out any time from now(9-21-06) or december. so we have to wait to see when.
            05 G6 doctor speed cai, mvp to battery, royal purple max atf

Comment

I called H&R 2 days ago and the springs are still in R&D. The is no estimated availability date.
              2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
              Forge Motorsports BPV
              CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
              HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
              HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Re: eibach springs

Originally posted by codetalker83
                i talked to an eibach rep. and he said that the would be out any time from now(9-21-06) or december. so we have to wait to see when.
                Yeah they have been saying that since last Sept LOL!
                Originally posted by Toyz
                Originally posted by simplyred
                what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

I know! Boo on them! I just want a set of springs that drops the back less than the front, is that too much to ask?
                  Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I'm glad I didn't have lowering springs on my car. Given the problems I've had with vibration.
                    G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
                    Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
                    Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
                    20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Originally posted by ElecBlueG6GT
                      I'm glad I didn't have lowering springs on my car. Given the problems I've had with vibration.
                      It would have made the problem worse, for sure.
                      2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
                      Forge Motorsports BPV
                      CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
                      HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
                      HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

whats the basic point for loweing the car 1.25-2inches???? and what did some of you pay for installation n labor....

and is there n e thing about em that cause n e kinda problem????

thanks
                        !~ByGe~! or !~bYgShReK~!

EVERYDAY IM HUSTLIN 24\7 365 DAYS

06' GTP COUPE, STAGE 3 CAI, CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
                        FUTURE MODS THIS YEAR: anything that gives horsepower to the wheels cuz money aint a issue
                        SHOOTING FOR HIGH 13'S
                        14.552 @ 98.20 in the 1\4 mile

Comment

It lowers the center of gracity and stiffens up the suspension for better handling. And it makes the car look a ton better...

I can void something on your warranty if your dealer sucks and you happen to have problems directly related to the springs. It usually wears the struts out a bit faster. And could case you to hit curbs and parking blocks, not to metion speed bumps and high incline ramps.

John

Comment

I agree with the above. But to be honest I havent had a single problem with any speed bumps, but curbs and parking spot blocks My first car i lowered was for the the look, but after I did it, I loved the way it drove (stiffer suspension). And now that is the reason why i lowered the 6.
                            Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I am still stock height and I planted the bottom tip of the nose on an entrance ramp to the Dry Cleaner on Monday... GRR! And it was not even what I considered a bad one from back in my lowered GP days.

That sucked!

John

Comment

Working...
                              X