Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niteshaded the taillights & headlight reflectors (Pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niteshaded the taillights & headlight reflectors (Pics!)

I didn't go too crazy on the taillights because I don't need to draw any attention from the local authorities...the red still pokes through when the lights are off, but it's a really dark red. At night the light shines right through no problem. I might actually get another can and redo them because they came out kinda rough and not really shiny, so I figure I'd wetsand them and just spray another coat or two.

As for the headlights, I made the reflectors pretty dark...you can see a little amber coming through, but once the lights or signal are on, it looks glows pretty good. They're not done yet though, I still have to reseal them and let them cure. Just so you know, I repainted them because they didn't have a glossy look to them to match the car...now they pretty much do

***EDIT*** Headlight pics below!

headlight
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

looks REAL good!
    Straight up Pimp Trollin'
    2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
    w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Looks great!

I'm actually doing my taillights soon. I dunno if I'm messin with my headlights at all yet tho.
      2008 Chevy Cobalt SS/TC

Comment

Looks awsome, I did mine on my buddies cougar hahaha... they were mad dark, awsome mod for what.. $16 a can or something
        Originally posted by Toyz
        Originally posted by simplyred
        what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
        As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

yea they're around $12, then shipping costs. I can't seem to find it in the store so I have to get it online. There are some on ebay, and summitracing.com also sells it.
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

summit racing seems to be the only place you can get it... besides like you said ebay or something, I always got it from there... works wonders!
            Originally posted by Toyz
            Originally posted by simplyred
            what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
            As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

Yeah.. summit seems the cheapest, if you get it at the right time, yoiu can sometimes pickit up for like 8 bucks (plus shipping)
              Straight up Pimp Trollin'
              2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
              w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

Nice work on the headlights and the spray, I thought about spraying my lights to blacken them out a little but I still haven't made up my mind. I have a buddy with a VR6 Jetta in black and he blacked out his tail lights so dark they look like body panels during the day, then of course you can barely see the lights at night. Look good though.
                TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

I just ordered another can on ebay from a seller for $10.35 + $4.00 shipping, which is the cheapest I've seen. I wanna touch up the taillights a bit.
                  -Mike #1

Comment

What is the brand your using, I saw some cans from Japan on ebay-supposed to be the best shizzle.
                    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

VHT
                      -Mike #1

Comment

use the VHT NiteShades.

i'm doing mine as soon as it warms up enough to do so.

this is what my ION Red Line looks like, you'll notice i did the amber up front and it really completes the look. not sure if i'll go that route in the G6 though...

Comment

WOW that ion looks good, I'll look this brand up on Ebay and buy a can. I just want to shade my tail lights black just a little-I love how bright they are and blasting people in the face who pull up behind me

Comment

Here's some pics of the headlights with the tinted reflectors:

-Mike #1

Comment

looks good, I think I might be copying you on that one :P

Comment

Working...
                              X