Spark Plug Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Wires

I removed the intake cover to clean it, and found the spark plug wires resting directly on the intake, which gets quite warm. In the long term this can't be good, so I'm looking for some material to wrap the wires in to help protect them.

2006 G6 GT Liquid Silver Sedan with leather package, Monsoon sound w/6 CD, 17" alloy rims, standard sunroof, Dr Speed CAB, GM strut bar...

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure the wire loom and whatnot would melt long before you had any problems with the wire.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they're made to resist that kind of heat. I've seen many cars that allow the wires to rest on the manifold with no problems at all. My cougar had 70,000 miles on it, and when I changed out the stock wires for performance ones, it hadn't even melted through them. There were just little burn marks on the rubber.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Yea, your probably right. Upon first inspection it just looked wrong.
        2006 G6 GT Liquid Silver Sedan with leather package, Monsoon sound w/6 CD, 17" alloy rims, standard sunroof, Dr Speed CAB, GM strut bar...

Comment

i did the same thing, the first day I had my car and poking around under the hood and moved around the cover, I saw the wires touching and though..... Long run that cant be good lol. But apon 2nd looking a day later noticed that they prob get get real warm/ a little hot but nothing serous
          2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
          Gotta have it Green color
          Brembo brake package
          420 HP 5.0L
          Ford Racing Power Pack
          GT500 track pack differential cover
          BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Yep, they're made for it. They won't give you any problems
            2006 G6 GTP Coupe
            :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
            :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
            :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

Working...
            X