• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinstripe

Anybody know what i can use to take off the pinstripe on the
    6?

Re: pinstripe

I used goof off and a plastic scraper. one side just peeled off though.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

You should be able to start one side and then just slowly peel it off. Don't use a scraper if you don't have to as it could scrape your paint! You can spray the stripe with goof off and let it soak for a minute to soften the glue. Once you have it off just go over the spot with goof off to remove the glue residue. Goof off is good. I use it.

Also, after you use the goof off wash the car or go over the spot again with water to remove the chemical.
      sigpic
      Custom 93 Dyno Tune, Red Painted K&N Intake, GT-R Exhaust, CMS Springs, Racingline STB + Race MMI's, Sacchi S45 Black Wheels, Hankook Ventus V12 245/45ZR18, Delete Intake Resonator, Mobil 1, Red Calipers, Body Color Matched Headlights/Engine/Battery Covers/Interior Trim, Debadged, Tinted Tails, AIT Hood, ZZP Shift Kit, R1 Concepts Rotors + Pads, Summit Racing Trans Cooler, Denso Iridium Plugs, 30% Tint, Suede Upholstered Steering Wheel, Rear STB

Comment

3M makes an Adhesive Remover. Its like 20 bucks or so and it works fuckin awesome! Just rub it on the stripe, let it soak in for a minute and it'll come right off. Its really good stuff and you get a lot for the price so you can use it for all kinds of stuff.
        Mods: Tint, Resonator Delete, K&N Filter, GT-R Exhaust, GXP rear bumper, Debadged

Comment

The pinstripes on one rear quarter panel came off fine, I just peeled them. Everything else is a bitch. I tried the heat gun method, I tried the 3M adhesive remover method ^^, they are on there GOOD. As in, they won't peel, they just chip off. So I could get them off with a fingernail, but it would take approximately 7 hrs.
          Anyone think that using like a Powerball or something on a random orbiting/oscillating device would do the trick? Like with the 3M adhesive remover? Then clean, etc.? Or is that too aggresive for the paint.
          2006 G6 GT.
          Done: Sport Tuning T5s; fully debadged; CRAB #4 (FPU); DRL delete; 18% tint; intake resonator delete; Racingline STB & grounding kit; Pioneer head unit;...
          Pending: Eibach lowering kit; pinstripe delete; sale of car to make room for '09 G8 GT...

Comment

i own a powerball and theres no way in hell that it would help. my fiance's car was the same way about the pinstripe removal. first part was easy and the rest was ridiculous hard and about made my fingernails bleed.
            sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Working...
            X