GM CEO / Pres Fritz Henderson Stepping Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM CEO / Pres Fritz Henderson Stepping Down

No link or article yet however GM is currently holding a live press conference..
    You can see it on CNN Money's site...
    View the latest business news about the world’s top companies, and explore articles on global markets, finance, tech, and the innovations driving us forward.

I will update this with a article once they become available.

I for one am very happy that F*tard Fritz is stepping down. He's the one who Axed Pontiac, axed Saturn, and keeps TRYING to ax the idea of the G8 being changed over to a Chevy... an idiot and a moron. Goodbye Fritz...
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Re: GM CEO / Pres Fritz Henderson Stepping Down

Well, that was quick. Fritz Henderson, the recently appointed CEO of General Motors, is stepping down. Company chairman of the board Ed Whitacre (remember the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" commercials, that's the guy) is set to act as the interim CEO until a permanent replacement is found.

BREAKING: GM CEO Fritz Henderson steps down
    by Jeremy Korzeniewski (RSS feed) on Dec 1st 2009 at 4:45PM

Well, that was quick. Fritz Henderson, the recently appointed CEO of General Motors, is stepping down. Company chairman of the board Ed Whitacre (remember the "Satisfaction Guaranteed" commercials, that's the guy) is set to act as the interim CEO until a permanent replacement is found.

This marks the second CEO that beleaguered automaker General Motors has lost this year, the first being Rick Wagoner, who was asked to resign by the Obama Administration's Task Force for Autos. Over the last few months, deals that GM had made to offload Opel, Saturn and Saab have all fallen through, and some have reported on clashing styles between Whitacre and Henderson.

General Motors has just confirmed the news via a press conference being held as we speak. Stay tuned for more as we learn it.

[Source: Free Press, GM | Image: Philippe Lopez/Getty]
    2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Never liked the guy, good to see him gone!!!

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
      G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

FUCK YOU FRITZ

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

In the words of the great Red Foreman, So long Dumb ASS!

ISimple Ipod adapter, Heat wrapped Injen, CRABs Option 3, ?% Tint, 6000K HIDs,GT-R, Tinted Tails, Rear badge delete, Plastidiped grills and front dart, Brembos, Pulse p5 17"s, racingline MMIs

Comment

wow that didn't take long. Can Bob Lutz become the the CEO please!!! He'll be the one person who would actually try to bring back Pontiac!

Comment

Originally posted by grfnkl
                wow that didn't take long. Can Bob Lutz become the the CEO please!!! He'll be the one person who would actually try to bring back Pontiac!
                I was actually thinking the same thing when I saw the news in the elevator. Maximum Bob should take over.

But unfortunately I think there was an article a while back saying Lutz wasn't interested.

I know I'm dreaming but just bring someone who will bring Pontiac and Oldsmobile back, then I'm happy.
                <-- Gray G6? Click!
                2006 G6 SE V6 3.5L Sedan "Sharon", Stealth Gray Metallic, 1SA+CF5+PCM+PDX - Sold but will not be forgotten... will always have a special place in my heart.
                2006 Solstice 2.4L I4 "Kristin", Shadow Gray Metallic, 1SA+JL9+G80+PCQ+ZQ2+ZQ3
                Life moves fast, don't miss a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ToniCipriani

I know I'm dreaming but just bring someone who will bring Pontiac and Oldsmobile back, then I'm happy.
                  very much agreed

Car Domain | ForeverPontiac.com | Progression

Originally posted by WoodburyMan
                  G6Performance - now with TWO Hampsters!

Comment

Burt Reynolds for CEO!!!! Bring back the Bandit!!

MY PROGRESSION- viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26123

Comment

by by.....jack off!!!!

thanks for killing two of my brands!!!

my job and the car I drive................ two time looser.

Im glad!! thank GOD!! while there's still something to save.....whats left of GM!!
                      ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
                      .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

now just one more problem.
                        sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonGTP
                          now just one more problem.

and fritz can kiss my ass for axing pontiac
                          ............... My cardomain page ................. My facebook page ...............

Comment

This guy helped GM to GET the government loans that saved it's ass. He made promises to vastly change GM in order to get those loans. The BoD was overruling everything he's been trying to do lately (keep his promise to his debtors (TAXPAYERS!!)).

I don't blame him for stepping down, and I predict that GM will now be bankrupt again within 5 years because they are going to overextend themselves (Opel) yet again.

sigpic
                            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ringo64
                              Originally posted by ToniCipriani

very much agreed
                              Olds and Pontiac are my two favorite GM brands. My last two cars were Olds and Pontiac. Through no faults of their own, these two divisions had been bleeding red ink and dragged GM down to its knees. They were losers and have no goodwill left in their names. They won't be brought back until GM is returned to financial health. Even then it will be unlikely at best.

GM's old business model were doomed to fail. The new GM is much better but time will tell if it is good enough to compete.

Comment

Working...
                              X