Stereo says LOCKED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo says LOCKED

I got into my car the other day 06 GTP, and I turned the stereo off cause I was on the phone (it initially turned on). Then when I went to turn it on, after I was driving, it wouldn't turn back on and all it said was "locked". Once i shut the car off and turned it back on it was OK. Has anyone else had this problem? Ideas?

sounds like the theftloc activated temporarily. usually that only happens when the battery is disconnected or the radio removed. i think these radios are tied into the the BCM, so when the car was shut off and started again it probably compared it's number with the BCM and realized it was in the correct vehicle.

Comment

Right, the BCM has VIN of vehicle stored. It only is sent out at beginning of ignition cycle. Radio is programmed to look for a portion of the VIN. Somehow your radio must have glitched and reset itself while you were driving. It then starts looking for VIN to unlock and because ignition already on the VIN was not being transmitted. On next ignition cycle everything got synched again.

Comment

Same thing happened to me a week after I bought it. I just turned the car off and restarted. After that everthing has been fine.
        Fusion G6 GTP 2 door. Six speed, leather, Six disc, XM, 18 inch alloys Loaded
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2435760

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
          Right, the BCM has VIN of vehicle stored. It only is sent out at beginning of ignition cycle. Radio is programmed to look for a portion of the VIN. Somehow your radio must have glitched and reset itself while you were driving. It then starts looking for VIN to unlock and because ignition already on the VIN was not being transmitted. On next ignition cycle everything got synched again.
          BCM? what??
          2006 G6 GT Liquid Silver Sedan with leather package, Monsoon sound w/6 CD, 17" alloy rims, standard sunroof, Dr Speed CAB, GM strut bar...

Comment

Body Control Module

sigpic
            Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Off topic but the similar module in Grand Am was called the BFC. Wonder what that stood for

Comment

Thanks all, that's what I figured

Comment

Originally posted by e2helper
                  Off topic but the similar module in Grand Am was called the BFC. Wonder what that stood for
                  Oh now you have me thinking.. I'm either gonna go look it up on GAGT.com or make a wild guess at something that is inappropriate.

Hmmmm....

Bad F'ing Computer? (If it's the same one that kept blocking me from being able to start my car with the key, haha)

Nah...

Ok, you got me, so I looked it up: BODY FUNCTION CONTROLLER

Hmmmmm... Does that sound like an anus to you or what?

sigpic
                  Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Re: Stereo says LOCKED

my 2006 g6 did the same thing said locked randomly didn't change the battery or anything 2 days later it started working but only the volume, tunner 4 of the 6 radio presets and cd eject but the rest don't do anything. all the manual says is take it too a dealership but for someone too push 3 buttons and fix it i am not going to pay for something i can do myself can anyone help??

Comment

sounds like something in the radio shorted. youll have to take it to a dealer

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                      Originally posted by snowmanG6
                      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

what if i want to change the stereo deck all together i think i need to buy a wiring harness for the type i want to put in are these expensive

Comment

if you want to change the deck that would work too. just have to get the harness you need and that stuff. some of the other guys would be more helpful with that then me

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
                          Originally posted by snowmanG6
                          you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

Working...
                          X