opinions on headlight covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on headlight covers

ive seen a bunch of topics already on headlight covers, buit i would like to get others opinions on them. Ivce heard some peopel say they come off easliy if its hot out and ur driving fast i wanan know if ne1 else had problems with them. I also wanan know if u like them on stealth grey mettalic

Link 1

Link 2
    SOON TO HAVE 08 G8 ask to buy grilles,custom cai, or gm strut tower bar from the g6=(
    1984 camaro 406sbc
    1979 camaro z28 carb'd lt1
    05 G6 Gt, stealth gray metallic, red calipers, black pontiac emblem overlays, third brake light cover, chrome upper and lower grillz, debadged, tints, cross drilled and slotted rotors, self made CAI, GM strut Tower Bar <========FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , 8000k HID kit, Nokya Artic whites foggies

I have them and no problems at all. They don't come off that easily. They need a prying force to get them off, not just driving at high speeds on the high way. There is a member on here who has a stealth gray G6 and those covers.
    -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

fixed your links for you
      2006 G6 GTP Coupe
      :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
      :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
      :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

hmm ya ill have to see what they look like, and thanks for fixing links, im new to this forum and coudlnt quit figure it out though its prob easy and im gonna feel dumb now. o and if i needed to take them off coudl i get them off without damaging the headlight cause its a lease.
        SOON TO HAVE 08 G8 ask to buy grilles,custom cai, or gm strut tower bar from the g6=(
        1984 camaro 406sbc
        1979 camaro z28 carb'd lt1
        05 G6 Gt, stealth gray metallic, red calipers, black pontiac emblem overlays, third brake light cover, chrome upper and lower grillz, debadged, tints, cross drilled and slotted rotors, self made CAI, GM strut Tower Bar <========FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! , 8000k HID kit, Nokya Artic whites foggies

Comment

I think they look better on a black car IMHO. I have one headlight painted thus far body color (i have a stealth grey coupe, too) and I'mjust waiitng on another can of paint form my supplier... it'll look sicker than sick! Lemme tell you.
          Straight up Pimp Trollin'
          2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
          w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

ahh there it is. So you're painting them body color now? Can't wait to see it, it'll probably look really nice.
            -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Where've you been? I was always doing them body color I have one completly done (not sealed up though) and it came out nice and glossy like the body. I am just wiaitng on another pint form the stealership to spray the other one. I should stop buying pints cuz they sure as hell don't last long. :cry:
              Straight up Pimp Trollin'
              2006 Silver MazdaSpeed 6 Grand Touring Sedan
              w/ Real Working BOV Action!!!11!

"Zoom Zoom + 6psi Bitches!"

Comment

oops. I thought you were talking about the headlight cover. I remember a discussion once about whether or not you were going to paint the covers body color. I didn't know you were doing the headlights themselves. cool.
                -Mike #1

Comment

I would definitely go for the rear tail light covers for the sedan (I have a coupe) but as for the front covers....I think they look retarded with the stupid bubbles at each corner for the velcro or whatever holds them on. They would look much better if they were completely smooth with some other sort of fasteners.
                  TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

IMO, I would like to see the headlight covers painted the color of the car... that would look majorly sharp!!
                    Originally posted by Toyz
                    Originally posted by simplyred
                    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
                    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

Comment

yeah it would, if they could only make a good transition from the body to the headlight.....
                      2005 G6 V6 in granite metallic, Kenwood DDX6019 touch screen DVD radio, 2 12" Kicker Solo-Baric L7s, Dynamat, Orion 2400 amp, Power Acoustik 4F cap, XBOX 360, Chrome window trim, Quicklift kit

Comment

Yeah if anyone paints these headlight covers post some pics, maybe they'll look better painted with those stupid bumps on them. I might change my mind about them in that case.
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

oo my car.. haha, i was also going to paint mine.. until saturday.. I some new bulbs in.. Luminics Pure Blue, lows and fog lights.. saturday I get up go play golf.. then come home wait til its dark to show off the lights to the family.. I go for a little drive in the country.. Pull in the driveway and look.. One is gone, how gay..I have yet to find it..
                          Stealth Grey G6 GT Coupe::Flowmaster duals with GTP valence:: Luminics Lows and Fogs::

Comment

That's strange, mine weren't even held on that well. You could move it with your fingers and it would pop right off. But I never lost it while driving.
                            -Mike #1

Comment

Working...
                            X