Dr Speed CAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Speed CAB

Got the CAB today, installed in less than 45 minutes. Went for a ride and it's a sweet sound.

I know I should get better gas milage with the CAB, but I probably won't for awhile

As a side note (this is b4 the CAB) I've been watching the fuel economy readout, and it's been lower than usual. Usually I'd check it once in awhile and I'll get around 20.5. Now it's been reading 15-19mpg. Weird.

Below the stock air box there is a open duct that leads (?) not sure where as I didn't spend anytime yet investigating this. But it does narrow to a much smaller opening for air flow to the CAB.

Those of you who have the CAB have you been removing this?

Richard
    2006 G6 GT Liquid Silver Sedan with leather package, Monsoon sound w/6 CD, 17" alloy rims, standard sunroof, Dr Speed CAB, GM strut bar...

That's the intake resonator.
    There are a LOT of threads about it and about removing it.

With the CAB it's not required to remove it, and I personally doubt it would help you a lot if you did.

I removed mine the first week I had the car and it made it sound much nicer, until I got my CAB. But the CAB does make the sound sweeter on it's own with or without the res.

So you could remove it, but I don't think you'd gain a lot if anything at all from doing it. AND it's a royal pain in the ass to get out.
    SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
    Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
    CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
    Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Here's a photo

[img][/img]
      2006 G6 GT Liquid Silver Sedan with leather package, Monsoon sound w/6 CD, 17" alloy rims, standard sunroof, Dr Speed CAB, GM strut bar...

Comment

Have you reset your fuel economy? Just press and hold enter.
        Ryan Romero

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2439593/1

Comment

I dont know what you guys are doing wrong, but on my GT on the way home from Canada the other week i was getting over 30 miles per gallon
          And i shaved an hour off my expected ETA to boot :smoke:
          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I drive about 90% on town roads, usually <45MPH. I was getting about 19 MPG before the Doc's CAB went in. Now I'm averaging 25+ MPG. And I drive it harder. I may be an exception, but this device has had a huge positive impact on my mileage. I love it!

:smoke:
            SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
            Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
            CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
            Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

I haven't really driven much since the install, but I'll give it a try, the reset.
              Will report back...

Comment

damn, I get 26 when I romp on it around town n cruisin and 35+ on the highway.... 42 when Im cruisin level at 55 mph.
                2007 G5 Base Model
                Black 5 Speed

Walmart - A store where you can buy a shot gun, ammunition, a ski mask, a baseball bat, a meat cleaver and map of the middle east, but you can't buy a CD that has a "Parental Advisory" sticker.

Comment

Ecotec is more thrifty on gas, so is the 6 speed manual...

John
                  Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I get terrible gas milage first month or so, I believe I was doing something like 13 MPG, cuz I'm like that :smoke:
                    Originally posted by TLS2000
                    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

^^damn...but what can i say i got it down to 13.6 the other day lolbut on the highway coming back from tn i got 33mpg

Comment

mine always hangs around 14-15, until I take a road trip. Then I get around 20.
                        -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I was down to 21.9, worst ever I think... But that is 90+% city. I have not been on the highway at all lately.

John
                          Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

I'm usually around 11.5......litres/100 km.

We're all backwards in Canada!

I think that's around 21 mpg? My mileage didn't change after installing my intake (stage 2)

Comment

city mine usually stays between 16-19 depending if i'm beating on my car or not......highway is excellent gas milage tho

Comment

Working...
                              X