anyone installed a pulley on the g6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone installed a pulley on the g6

i searched for any pulley mods in the fourms but didnt find any. does anyone know if pulleys for the g6 are available yet or no. a cuz of mine installed one on his grand-prix and the low-end torque is way more. let me know what you know of the pulley idea
    thanks
    35% front/5% all-around tint, chrome grill,
    MTEC headlight bulbs, cold air box, redline tuning, LED reverse bulbs, passport x50 blue, custom catback system, painted headlights, shaved badges

Re: anyone installed a pulley on the g6

Originally posted by mkhudeira
    i searched for any pulley mods in the fourms but didnt find any. does anyone know if pulleys for the g6 are available yet or no. a cuz of mine installed one on his grand-prix and the low-end torque is way more. let me know what you know of the pulley idea
    thanks
    take it your talking about, a Crank pully/ Alternator/ waterpump pulley? Then the answer is no, no one makes one for any V6 G6's
    2009 Panther Black G8 GT
    334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

No he is talking about the GPs Supercharger pulley. We don't have superchargers.

John
      Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

^ We don't??????

I thought all them there GTP's were super-turbo'ed.

Unfortunately, no aftermarket pulleys out there yet.
        SOLD * 2006 G6 GTP 6MT * SOLD
        Crimson Red W/Taupe 2-Tone Leather; DoctorSpeed Stage 4 CAB, Custom Dual Muffler Exhaust ;"JAKED" Lower Grille, GM Strut Bar, Aftermarket Spoiler, White Faced Gauges, Painted Interior Parts, Window Tints, Mostly debadged.
        CURRENT: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 286 HP 6MT
        Moroccan Red Pearl /Taupe Leather Sports Seats; Tints: 15% rears, 50% fronts;Axis Hiro 18X8.5 hyper silver wheels w/Yokohama Advan S.4. 245/40/18 UHPAS Tires; Color-Matched Splash Guards

Comment

Originally posted by EmersonHart13
          No he is talking about the GPs Supercharger pulley. We don't have superchargers.

John
          He just said Grand Prix not Grand Prix GTP, how o you know!!! lol :P
          2009 Panther Black G8 GT
          334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

yeah it was a grand-prix gtp.
            so are u guys sayin a pulley is only made for supercharged engines?
            MTEC headlight bulbs, cold air box, redline tuning, LED reverse bulbs, passport x50 blue, custom catback system, painted headlights, shaved badges

Comment

Originally posted by mkhudeira
              yeah it was a grand-prix gtp.
              so are u guys sayin a pulley is only made for supercharged engines?
              No, a pulley is used for anything that requires rotation using the engines belt system Thing's like the A/C, Alternator, Water Pump, Power Steering Pump and SUPERCHARGERS. The Idea behind putting a smaller pulley on a supercharger is that it will allow it to spin faster creating more pressure otherwise known as "Boost". On any other accessory such as the alt. and water pump putting larger but lighter pulleys on will slow the accessory and take some reciprocating mass off the engine freeing up power. Please note that putting larger pulleys on accessory’s can negatively effect the operation of that accessory.

Since the G6 is not equipped with a supercharger, a supercharger pulley is irrelevant
              2009 Panther Black G8 GT
              334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

Not to mention underdrive pulleys are a waste of money anyway that could be better spent on other go-fast mods.

Comment

Originally posted by W-BodyGTP
                  Not to mention underdrive pulleys are a waste of money anyway that could be better spent on other go-fast mods.
                  Werd.
                  2009 Panther Black G8 GT
                  334 WHP 347 WTQ

Comment

an underdrive pulley is best utilized if you disconnect your a/c and dont have any stereo equipment in your car.

Comment

Originally posted by G6athon
                      an underdrive pulley is best utilized if you disconnect your a/c and dont have any stereo equipment in your car.
                      lol what? buy a pulley kit that comes with an alt pulley and run your system too with no adverse effects. it's not like the G6 can't handle a basic pulley swap

Comment

I put under drive pullies on a v8 mustang lastyear. It made a noticable difference. Ford's modular motors are quick reavers factory. I was amazed. Better gangs then i ever noticed doing just intake mods. I wish I had that bad mother back, not that gas has gone back down. Lights did dim more after the change, but only when hitting ths bass really hard.
                        "Please don't call me Shirley"

Comment

bringing back from the dead.....

I was curious if anyone would be interested in getting a light weight/smaller UD pulley for our cars. I know some of you have stated your opinions on why a different UD pulley would be worthless, BUT dyno charts don't lie.

This is a dyno chart for a Beretta from fasfwdperformance.com. I did buy a UD pulley from them when I owned my beretta and was COMPLETELY satisfied with the quality of work and customer service. Also very easy to install. Their website says they are completely open to fabing up new parts. They run anywhere from 70-100 dollars for a pulley, but we(beretta forum) did a group buy with them and gave us a sick discount. Give it a shot?
                          2008 Chevrolet Cobalt SS T/C
                          Black/Black coupe

Comment

yeah id buy if it were in that price range
                            good lookin out

Comment

If we did a group buy and we got them for like $60 sure I would give it a try.

2013 Subaru Wrx STi "Rally Armor Mud Flaps, LED Interior Lights, Tint, R205 Badges, WeatherTech Mats, Volk CE28N Rims, WC lathe werks Stainless Sphere Shift Knob"

2009 Solstice GXP #1123 "Solo Mach Exhaust, GMPP Stage 2, Soft Top, Trifecta Tune, 4.5k Hids"

2006 G6 GTP "GT-R, VMS Tune, Crabs, 4.5k HIDS, HSRK, 35% Tint, Spolier, GMPP Strut Bar, Other Random Mods"

Comment

Working...
                              X