Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running up on 60,000 miles. Anything need to be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running up on 60,000 miles. Anything need to be done?

I am getting close to 60,000 miles on my car. I have done my brakes (Front Pads and rotors and Rear pads and rotors). I change my oil every 3,500 miles and rotate my tires every 6,000 or so. I just seafoamed my car about a week ago. My question is there anything that I should do soon? Thanks,

Matt

Re: Running up on 60,000 miles. Anything need to be done?

Coolant flush. How'd the seafoam go?
    My Car Domain
    Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by 2007blueg6gtp

Awesome! Easy as can be!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkRedDemon

Awesome! Easy as can be!
        Seafoam is amazing!! I am going to use that in my car and truck again soon!

Comment

Rotate Tires, Transmission Flush, Lubricate hinges, door/hood release.
          106,000 MILES!
          There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
          Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

yeah erm.. start looking for a scrapyard lol.. kidding.. what about fuel injection maintenance? or transmission fluid/filter check?

Comment

Originally posted by nexus
              yeah erm.. start looking for a scrapyard lol.. kidding.. what about fuel injection maintenance? or transmission fluid/filter check?

Ya I have thought about the injectors, but I think they will good for a while. At least till 100,000 miles. I am think the transmission fluid may need to be changed, thanks to my young and dumb sophomore year. I drove it pretty hard.
              But its a possibility I think. Thanks

Comment

Hope you save your pennies... Dexron VI is spendy stuff.
                106,000 MILES!
                There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
                Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

Awesome! Easy as can be!
                  You just add it to your gas tank? I've never used the stuff and I'm comming up on 50k...
                  My Car Domain
                  Vector 93 ECM/TCM Dyno tune, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 235/50/18 , RacingLine Motor Mounts & Strut Bar, R1 Premium drilled rotors, Custom Exhaust w/ 4" tips, Inchannel Rain Guards, Crabs CAB & Front Pipe Upgrade, GXP rear bumper, 15% Ceramic Tint, Blue Calipers, Blue Dart Overlays, Upper Window & Lower Grill Chrome, Side GTP Emblems, Chrome Door Locks, 8k HID Head & Fogs, Pioneer Head Unit, Rockford Door Speakers

Comment

There are many ways to do it here is an idea of a few. Try searching on YouTube, there are a lot of videos on this:

[youtube:3rcbn8bf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_oXKxe3wo&feature=related[/youtube:3rcbn8bf]

Comment

Awesome! Easy as can be!
                      You just add it to your gas tank? I've never used the stuff and I'm comming up on 50k...

I ran a whole can of seafoam through my gas tank (about half full). Then I ran a third of can through my brake booster line. (Did this twice to get really clean )

I noticed smoother idle as well as less sluggish acceleration. I highly recommend.

Comment

Yea I think they(GM) recommends we flush the transmission every 50,000 so u might wanna do that soon (50K<60K) . Im gettin ready to do mine wit royal purple... gonna be pricey but ehhh its only every 50k

Comment

Anyone have a pic of the brake booster line?
                          I need an oil change soon and today would be a good day to do some seafoaming. That jeep gc makes me sad it's my exact car I had before my 6er that got totalled by a ford ranger, and it was one badass ride!
                          My Car Domain

Comment

Anyone have a pic of the brake booster line?
                            I need an oil change soon and today would be a good day to do some seafoaming. That jeep gc makes me sad it's my exact car I had before my 6er that got totalled by a ford ranger, and it was one badass ride!
                            I'm sorry.

Comment

I don't have a pic of the LY7 motor but look at the line coming off of the upper intake mani. It should lead into the brake booster.

Hope that helps.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Working...
                              X