Inner fender liners fading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner fender liners fading

My wifes 2008 G6 plastic inner fenders are quickly fading to a sickly gray color. Any suggestions for bringing the black color back?

Re: Inner fender liners fading

thats strange.
    did she drive thru something to discolor it? got any pics?
    ....................................... Foreverpontiac.com offical friend of G6P.com......................................
    .................................................. .. Progression & Pics thread .................................................. ..

Comment

when you wash the car, scrub the inner fenders with soap and a brush. then after its dry rub them down with armoral
      2006 Pontiac G6 V6-Too many mods-Traded In(RIP 2006-2010)
      2008 G8 GT-TSP Forged LS3-Procharger-219/231 RCR Cam-TSP Ported L92's-Squash-Kooks-Solo 3in-SS Wheels and Brakes-Demon8-BMR-BC Racing Coilovers-Custom Earls Tranny Cooler
      613/543 @11.5psi Old Numbers
      11.6 at 123. 1.92 60ft
      New numbers coming soon........

Comment

After i wash them out good, i spray mine down with tire wet. I usually buy the cheap stuff from Advance. Works like a charm. Once mine get to bad, usually only had to to this on my trucks from 4wheeling, i would paint them black using Fusion paint. The paint made for plastic.

Hope this works for ya!
        Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

She has not driven thru anything. They are just fading. Armor all works for a week or so. Car is garage kept.
          Wonder if it's a bad batch of liners. Mine's an extremely early 2008 build. Need to set-up an account for photos.

Comment

There is always this water proofing black gunk (cannot remember the name) from wallmart in the auto paint section. Or just spray paint them flat black...I did this for my frame when I lifted my S-10 and it was a nice god-aweful orangy-rust color.

Comment

Working...
            X