G6 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G6 Problems

I bought my g6 in Feb and now I've had a couple problems with it.

1) Rear speaker blown

Recent probs...
    2) The notorious sunroof leak aka wet seatbelt
    3) Keeps complaining of low coolant (when i check the coolant is at the full marker)
    4) The check engine light just started coming on today

Has anyone else experienced any of these problems?

Also, with the coolant problem if i check the coolant level after my car has been sitting its about 2/3 full. If i check it after i drive around its at the full marker. I think the coolant expands when it gets hot but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
    '06 GTP 6 Speed...red, red calipers, 20% tint all around, GT-R Exhaust

~AX

Most of those have been mentioned on the forum, just take it to your dealer and have them fix it. There is a fix on the board about the wet seatbelts, basically the drain tubes become dislodged. You can fix it yourself or have the dealer do it, the guide is in the how to section.

Coolant level is higher when hot, so that's why you check the cold level to see if it's full enough. Do that and if it's still at the right level just have your dealer look into it. The other two are minor issues the dealer can fix no problem.

Comment

yea I've heard of the rear blown speaker on the coupes. Drive the car around for a few days and see if the engine light goes off. Mine went on last week, and went off two days later. No idea what the problem was there. OBD-II scan didn't bring up any error codes.
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

My coupe with the monsoon, my rear passanger speaker acts up time to time and crackles. Waiting for it to do it consecitivly because once I go the dealership they just look at it and thats it, I know it wont act up for them lol
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Originally posted by dre256
          My coupe with the monsoon, my rear passanger speaker acts up time to time and crackles. Waiting for it to do it consecitivly because once I go the dealership they just look at it and thats it, I know it wont act up for them lol
          Wait till it cracks in ALL of the speakers at the same time.

Its very annoying and the dealer doesn't know what the problem is.
          2006 G6 Coupe

2002 S10 Xtreme

http://www.2lo2tow.com

Comment

I have the monsoon in my 4 dr. Front pass door speaker, crackled, voice coil was bad. I can't believe the dealer couldn't find it, mine new exactly what it was and its a big enough problem that I had to wait 4 weeks for the speaker to show up due to demand.
            2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

Working...
            X