221 mph Land speed record set by Jorgen Moller of RaceDeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 mph Land speed record set by Jorgen Moller of RaceDeck

221 mph Land speed record set by Jorgen Moller of RaceDeck, making the Dodge SRT-4 as "The Fastest 4cyl Production Car On The Planet."

The Fastest 4cyl Production Vehicle on the Planet
    Bonneville, UT (PRWEB) August 16, 2006 -- Jorgen Moller of Salt Lake City,Utah, a "Member of the prestigious Bonneville 200 mph Club" set his 5th land speed record this week in a Production Dodge SRT-4 Car. The record was set at 221mph average speed for both runs on the five mile course. To achieve a record you must run the same 5-mile long course twice, first you have a qualifying run higher than the current MPH record and then you must make a return pass and have a speed that when averaged with you first run, exceeds the existing record. On the first pass Jorgen piloted through with an average of 222.416 mph and then backed it up with a return run of 220.351 mph giving him the record." It was a great ride, the car was still pulling hard as I exited the mile with our GPS showing 235.86 mph and climbing," said Moller.

It was a great ride, the car was still pulling hard as I exited the mile with our GPS showing 235.86 mph and climbing About the Car-The Dodge SRT-4 was running the PS/F class (2.1 to 3.0 liter motor --- production Supercharged /Turbo). This class is for vehicles that have not altered the body in anyway other than how it comes from the factory. The powerplant must be of the same configuration as was produced -- Engine size, transmission, driveline, etc) and must run on gas.

"It is amazing how well the car performed at over 220mph when you consider that the body,transmission and engine block is exactly the same as the SRT-4 you see sitting on the dealership showroom floor" said Moller..."You got a hand it to the Dodge engineers for building such a great performance car" he added. The car is a Dodge SRT-4 with a 2.4 liter (144 ci) Turbo Charged Motor with the factory 5-speed transmission which produces over 750+ hp on gas." The 2.4 SRT-4 motor is a fantastic platform to work from, we have been able to create reliable horsepower never thought possible with 700 to 800 hp that survives the long 5 mile runs at full power and speed on gas!" said Moller.

About Jorgen Moller- Jorgen is a life member of the Bonneville 200 MPH club, has set over 10 land speed records and currently hold 5 existing records. He also has a Dodge SRT-4 powered 1932 roadster in the F classes where he set a record in the Blown Street Roadster record over 200 mph, making it The Fastest 4cyl Street Roadster on the Planet.
    Jorgen Moller is the CEO and owner of Snap Lock Industries http://www.snaplock.com, the manufacturer of RACEDEDCK® Garage Floors http://www.racedeck.com and SnapSports® http://www.snapsports.com

For more information about the RaceDeck racing team please visit http://www.racedeckracing.com

*Courtesy of hemidakota (SRTForums)

CMR tuned Predator by RDP ,Borla 125 cat-back,AEM Brute Force CAB,KW V1s Coilovers,Hotchkis Swaybars

ok.
    2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
    Forge Motorsports BPV
    CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
    HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
    HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

I love how it's the "same car sitting on the dealership floor" but it's producing 750+hp.

sigpic
      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

yea i had no idea srt-4's had that much juice under the hood
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

THAT PRETTY COOL!! One of my buddies has and SRT4, Im gonna show him this and tell him, "You see, now get your head in the game and start spending money " I wonder if a G6 will ever break any records

Comment

Originally posted by hnda8n
            I wonder if a G6 will ever break any records
            The G6 won't be breaking any speed records.
            2008 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 GT
            Forge Motorsports BPV
            CP-E Xcel Nano SRI
            HKS 3" Hi-Power CBE
            HyperTech Max Energy Tune

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
              I love how it's the "same car sitting on the dealership floor" but it's producing 750+hp.
              You're quoting out of context. He says the "...body,transmission and engine block is exactly the same as the SRT-4 you see sitting on the dealership showroom floor..."

CMR tuned Predator by RDP ,Borla 125 cat-back,AEM Brute Force CAB,KW V1s Coilovers,Hotchkis Swaybars

Comment

Thats pretty cool. Not something you see every day.
                Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

Originally posted by Kman
                  It'll break a record.

#1 rented vehicle in the world.
                  and as a direct result of that,it will also be #1 for the worst resale value sedan.
                  BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                  ^ The Man
                  v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat
                    Originally posted by Kman
                    It'll break a record.

#1 rented vehicle in the world.
                    and as a direct result of that,it will also be #1 for the worst resale value sedan.
                    The Neon will also forever own that record.

Comment

Interesting, didn't it belong to a sunfire before this?

Comment

Originally posted by 94thunderchicken
                        Originally posted by TLS2000
                        You're quoting out of context. He says the "...body,transmission and engine block is exactly the same as the SRT-4 you see sitting on the dealership showroom floor..."
                        Actually, I missed that.. lol

Good catch.

sigpic
                        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by Interfire
                          Interesting, didn't it belong to a sunfire before this?
                          Nope Ford Taurus.
                          BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                          ^ The Man
                          v The Legend

Comment

Working...
                          X