seafoam help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seafoam help

Ok. I wanna give seafoam a try. I got 45600 on the ticker so I figure it can't hurt.

Ok so do I add the seafoam to a full tank, or less than full?

And then when I the seafoam in@the crankcase, what procedure should I follow?

Thanks

AJ
    De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
    Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
    Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
    My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Re: seafoam help

I have a really good link on how to seafoam a car. Click me

As far as adding to a gas tank, I usually add when it's full or near full and go as close to empty as I can.

Comment

Never used it in the crankcase, only mixed into the gas. Any amount between a half a tank and a whole tank will work fine. For the first use I would recomend mixing with a half tank so its stronger to clean your injectors and remove carbon better. It's good stuff.

Comment

1/3 in your gas tank, 1/3 in your crank, 1/3 in your brake booster line. I did it when i got the 6.

G6 - 240sx - Lancer - 325is - WRX

Comment

Doesn't it smoke like a mo?

Comment

yeah your neighbors will love it.

Comment

i used it for the first time about 2weeks ago (still on the same tank) and it seems to be running a bit smoother

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
              Originally posted by ahuhn
              so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

So its gonna smoke a lot huh?

Well as long as its normal I guess ill try not freak out, ha.

Do I have to drive it hard or normal or take it easy, anything of that nature?

Sorry for all the newb questions, but I wanna make sure I'm doing no harm to my 6.

Thanks guys, will be doing this later today!

AJ
                My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

Originally posted by ajnjennsg6
                  So its gonna smoke a lot huh?

Well as long as its normal I guess ill try not freak out, ha.

Do I have to drive it hard or normal or take it easy, anything of that nature?

Sorry for all the newb questions, but I wanna make sure I'm doing no harm to my 6.

Thanks guys, will be doing this later today!

AJ
                  If you use it in the brake booster vacuum line, take a full can and with the engine running insert the brake booster vacuum line into the can and let it suck in the Seafoam until the engine stalls out (usually about a half a can or so). Let it sit for about 10 minutes (that lets it soak into the carbon build up), then restart it. It will smoke like a mo-fo, so do this outdoors. After a few minutes the smike will pass and all will be normal. That is great for removing carbon from the intake system!!

Comment

I don't even know where that vaccum line is, so maybe ill stick with the gas tank instead.

AJ

Comment

It's the line that goes into the upper intake manifold from the brake booster.

Comment

Ok so...

Engine running take vaccum line off the booster side insert into can and proceed as mentiod above, correct?

Can I also do the tank @ the same time or after?

AJ

Comment

Originally posted by ajnjennsg6
                          Ok so...

Engine running take vaccum line off the booster side insert into can and proceed as mentiod above, correct?

Can I also do the tank @ the same time or after?

AJ
                          YES

Comment

allright didnt get a chance to do it to the 6 today, the wife wanted to take it to work

but i poured a can in the gas taknk of her Vue, when it was half empty and drove it till it was around a 1/4 tank and then filled up.

and holy shit!! what a frigging noticeable difference from just that! that 2.2 really, really scoots now.

so now as soon as i can figure out where the vaccum line is on that, ill do that to hers as well!

AJ

Comment

can anybody spare a pic of the vacuum line and where you would disconnect it to do this?
                              done: CRAB CAB woot woot!, aftermarket black taillights, chrome upper recessed grilles, dual rear valance and gt-r exhaust system, duplicolor red painted calipers with R1 concept e-line drilled and slotted rotors and posi-quiet ceramic brake pads all around
                              to do (soon): window tint
                              to do, maybe (later): painted headlights, color matched recessed grilles
                              need: g6performance.com decals
                              cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2687601 *not yet updated with the new g6*

Comment

Working...
                              X