Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiper Issues - Line where DS wiper stops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper Issues - Line where DS wiper stops?

So, I'm having this issue with my wipers. First, they are stock. At the moment, they typically work fine until after they have gone through maybe 10 swipes. Then, this line starts to form where the DS wiper stops. I can clean the wiper with a towel and then clean the windshield and it is fine, but unfortunately the line returns after about 10 or so swipes and at that point I would still be driving.

The problem is that the DS wiper stops like just barely to the left of the driver's straight line of vision. This line of dirt/water/whatever it is then gets left there, and so I have a line of dirt/water/whatever right dead straight in my line of vision. This has started to get worse and worse and I actually avoid using my wipers for fear of it since it becomes hazardous to my visibility.

So, my question is. Does anyone else have this problem? Do I need new wipers? Is there some secret to get this to stop happening?

I have Rain-X Windshield Wash (the stuff you spray and wipe on/in that makes rain 'bead' up). That seems to help a little since in that case I don't have to use my wipers as much, but even then it still happens.

Advice? Suggestions?

Re: Wiper Issues - Line where DS wiper stops?

I have that same issue with my Michelin wipers too.... Someone help
    sigpic

2004 LS1 A4 Quicksilver w/ Red Interior 1 of 301 -

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Turning and Stopping- Cquence Drilled and Slotted Rotors

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Fully modded G6 GTP-TRADED

Comment

Anyone got any ideas? o.o

Comment

possiblebly a wiper arm bad, as in lack of tension or something??

i know Pooners has replaced his one wiper arm a few times i think.

AJ
        De-Badged, Tinted Tails 3rd Brake Light
        Custom Painted Interior, Engine/Battery Covers
        Custom Intake, Racingline MM, Black Upper Grills
        My next mod: Figuring out how to turn my 6 into a place to live since ill be homeless come Feb

Comment

Get No Touch Auto Glass Stripper . You can clean the entire windshield. Takes all the crap off your windshield. I use it every 3 months . I have a 2007 and have noticed this issue since the car was new. Changing wipers blades did not help. Just clean it regularily. No Touch is available at Walmart and other auto stores. It cost about $6.00.
          I apply mine with a soft cloth and use an electric rotary polisher to buff the entire windshield.
          Hope this helps.

Comment

Glass cleaner and a New Razor Blade.
            Put lots of glass cleaner on the windshield and angle the blade so it does not scratch the windshield and start scraping.
            Worth a Try!

2007 G6 SE,3500VVT V6,35/20% tint, 8000K HID's, G5 GT Chrome Tailpipe Tip, Pioneer AVIC F7010BT,Infinity 9632CF 6X9's, Energy 6.5 Components, Tinted Plate Cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite
              Glass cleaner and a New Razor Blade.
              Put lots of glass cleaner on the windshield and angle the blade so it does not scratch the windshield and start scraping.
              Worth a Try!
              fuck no.
              i would try this on my parents 97 f150 but never my car lol. and i tried cleaning it completely already but ill try again. the tension is there its just a little swipe that it doesn't get, it started happening with the old wipers so i got new, then the line was still there i was like wtf!
              sigpic

GO-K&N Intake, Spintech Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Catless Mids, Tuned using HPTuners By Rian

Show- SAP Repros in Satin black, fake SAP mod, Tinted tails by Jorge, Satin Black Badges, 35% tint all around, Satin Black painted 17's, Flat Splitter

Electronics- Pioneer AVIC F90BT, JL 500.1 Monoblock Amp, JL 12W3-2, DDMTuning 8k 55watt HID hi/low, All Interior and Cluster LED Swap by Bohnman,

Comment

can you take some pictures?

Comment

i will later
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll try to get some pictures when I can.

It's not a lack of tension, because the blade gets all the rain and such... it's just that when the DS blade stops and reverses (like to come back to its normal resting spot), it leaves a 'line' right where it stops, which is right in front of my line of sight.

It will be kind of hard to see, because even though I say it leaves a line/dirt line, it's really just a line where the windshield gets ridiculously blurry and everything. It generally helps if I spray washer fluid, but it's like... really hard to explain, but the line is mostly vertical.

Comment

You may want to try Aquapel Glass Treatment. I use it and its unbelievable - I have none of the problems RainX users constantly report. Also, we've gotten a lot of positive feedback from our customers on Aquapel. I agree with some of the comments above that you need to clean the windshield really well occasionally. If you clean it and then treat it, dirt has a harder time sticking to the treated windshield.

Best of luck with this issue,
                      Jeff

Comment

This same issue happens to me, but so far no cleaner has been able to stop it from coming back after turning them on.

Comment

Put this stuff on your windsheild and you're done! I've found that you can't beat the wipers leaving the marks unless you DON'T USE THE WIPERS! IT's just something that's going to happen, I get one right in front of my line of sight, from the passenger wiper that stops to turn back the other way!

Use the Rain Ex, you won't have to use the wipers in the rain.
                          "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                          X