leds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leds

how do you hook up leds on the passenger side floor?

Re: leds

Find a 12v power source, a ground, and install a switch so you can turn the lights on/off.
    106,000 MILES!
    There are gateway drugs... and then gateway mods. BOTH ARE ADDICTING WATCH THE F*** OUT!
    Now that I'm done with college, I realize how boring everyday life is.

Comment

prety much and no need for 2 topics on the same thing

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
      Originally posted by snowmanG6
      you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

yeah yeah yeah didnt mean to

Comment

Like these?

Comment

yeah like that

Comment

I have a wire tapped into the steering wheel illumination fuse in the fuse block that is in the center console where a front seat passenger's left foot would rest. That wire goes to the + side of the strips and then I have the - side of the strips grounded to existing grounding points under the carpet near the same fuse block. They come on with the parking lights and you can dim them with the dimmer knob to the left of the steering wheel.

Comment

Might look into doing this myself....hummmm

Originally posted by BAMBAMM
                I'm about the best wingman in the San Joaquin Valley...........I'm the guy that will hit on the ugly friend, so you can swoop in and bag the hottie friend.

Comment

i wanna add a switch to turn it on/off
                  do i need more wires or what?

Comment

Just put the switch on the power wire before the lights or on the ground wire after the lights. Don't use that fuse I mentioned before if you want to turn them on when the parking lights aren't on. You will need a fuse that has constant power.

Comment

i got a rocker switch with a red LED when the switch is on. I ran the rocker switch to the fuse box and the put the LED's on the rocker switch. Only turns on when the car is on... but if I wanted to I could wire different.

I have another rocker switch for my outside LED's.... which I had to take off and havent had the time to put them back on yet.
                      1 Mile Remote Start, 2-way paging car alarm
                      30% Tint
                      Black Halo Headlight Harness (Halo's on a relay switch)
                      10000 HID Headlights (disabled DRL's)
                      LED Taillights
                      LED Fog Lights
                      20" Custom rims
                      Pioneer AVIC-N3
                      Took off the two side emblems (GM) and the Pontiac emblem on the rear

Comment

I have LEDs under the dash, on both sides, and under the seats for the back.

I wired mine into a 3-way switch. The center of my switch is off. The left is tied into a constant 12v source, which is on and the right side is tied into the dome lights, so my lights come on when I open / close my doors etc..

To further complicate things, my 12v source is tied into a strobe device that can be changed to always on or strobe to the music.
                        Modifications:
                        [Completed] CRAB 03/04 + WMS 91 Octane Tune + MPD Hood w/ Hood Struts + GT-R Exhaust + Red Interior Lighting + De-Badged + Overlays + Chrome Window Trim + 20% Tint + Racingline Strut Bar
                        [In Progress] Racingline Mount Inserts / Wiring Kit
                        [Later Days] Audio Controls + G6 Mats + New Rims + Tail-Light Replacement + Street Glow + Trunk Sub

Comment

ooooooh ooooooh i wanna chime in too

i have LEDs under both sides of the dash, both seats, and under the front edge of the rear bench. BUT i have no switch. mine are wired into the domes, they come on and off with the regular courtesy lights. They are, however, wired so that if i turn on one of the front map lights, that side of the car's led's go on too. so if i turn on the driver side map light, the driver footwell, driver seat, and left half of the rear bench all turn on as well. and of course, vice-versa.
                          2009 PONTIAC G8
                          MAGNETIC GRAY METALLIC

Comment

I have hooked mine up just like racingfish, for the most part. I took apart the led controls and wired them up directly, all together, and they work with the theater lighting, security system, and when you turn the car off, they work just as the dome light does. THEY DONT COME ON WHEN I TURN ON THE DOME LIGHT FROM THE SWITCH.

Here is the picture I got from a fellow G6'er that showed me where to plug into to get them to work. I know others will have followup on this.....the doors are a negative activation, so you still have a hot wire(red) and plug the negative wire up as shown.

Oddly enough it was Ass Backwards when I went to plugging the LED wires to the + & - lines. The Black wire from the LED's, normally the Negative (-) I had to connect to the fuse HOT/Positive(+) line. I had three lights inside the LED strip, so the red line was for the red lights...I hooked that to the switch line and presto, they all worked great!`
                            "I put the Giggity into Each and Every Thread"

2009 Performance Red Metallic G6, Progression Page

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.ca/RED-LED-INTERIOR-LIG ... 53d857c4a7

found that kit on ebay, those any good you think?
                              2006 "Silver Bullet" V6 Sedan
                              Mods = Lots HaHa

Comment

Working...
                              X