What do I need done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need done?

Since everyone here probably knows more about G6's than me, I need some help. My 2007 G6 has 48k miles on it. I change the oil every 5k miles and have had one 5k mile service on it. That's all the service that has been done since i've owned it, I know i'm due for a lot. What is the minimum I can get away with to make sure my car is in good shape??? I haven't had any mechanical problems yet and I would like to keep it that way!!

I also haven't replaced the brakes or tires, does anyone know when I should?? I put about 20k miles on my car the first two years and then only about 6k in the last 8 months since I quit working.

If you can help me with this I will be eternally grateful! LOL

Re: What do I need done?

Well, I would take it in and have a fluid flush done. (Oil, transmission, etc.)

As for your tires; If they are near the wear bars I would get a new set, however being in NV, you could probably go for a bit (not much rain). For a good reference I would stick a penny upside down in the tread on your tires, if you can see all of Lincoln's head than think about getting some new ones.

Brakes, if you hear squeaking or what sounds like metal on metal GET NEW BRAKE PADS!

Comment

You should replace your shocks and struts every 50K miles
      Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Curtismaximus123

if you like spending money

Remember if "the" and "and" are spelled right its not a genuine Ahuhn post

Dear God, please send clothes to all those poor ladies in Daddy's computer. Amen.
        Originally posted by snowmanG6
        you would try to tape a poptart to her then give her a bag a skittles and tell her to fart a rainbow

Comment

no you dont, they should last you at least 100,000

Mods- VMS ECM/TCM Tune, Custom Magnaflow Cat Back, Full CRAB Intake, Racing Line Motor Mounts and Strut Tower Brace. Tinted Windows & Tails. EBC USR Rotors Front and Rear running YellowStuff Pads
          Originally posted by ahuhn
          so i just realized there a drawer in my room that has nothing in it but tequila, condoms and a blow up doll. cant figure out if thats a good thing or not

Comment

Originally posted by snowmanG6
            no you dont, they should last you at least 100,000
            PPSSshhhh!! I'm at 70K+ and when I was around 55K-60K I went to Get new tires put on and my struts were leaking (a lot), I need new ones!!

Comment

Should you run out and replace your struts and shocks at 60K miles? NOOOOOOO, I have seen many struts last twice that mileage and still perform their job correctly. The keyword here is "inspect".

If you hear this thumping noise when you go over a bump or train tracks it could be due to worn out struts or strut mount bearings which are at the top of the strut and hold the strut to the vehicle.

When these parts wear out over time they can cause a rattle or a thump noise because the strut is coming in contact with the body of the vehicle since this supporting mount has disintegrated and is not cushioning the strut anymore.

I would ask your mechanic (preferably 2 or 3 mechanics at different shops to compare opinions and price quotes) to take a test drive with you and perform a "bounce test" to see if the struts warrant replacing.
              Mods:Vector 93 Tune, OBX Racing Header(Cobalt), ZZP Connectors, Skunk2 Exhaust,Kenwood DVD/Navi System, 2 MTX 12's, 2 amps, Kicker 6x9"(rear), Alpine Type-S(front), Eneki EKM3 Wheels(18x8"), Tinted Tails, Black Projector Headlights, OEM Fogs, DDM Tuning 10K in both, Debadged, Racingline STB, OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

The only lady im gonna be pimpin from now on, is sweet lady propane!-Hank Hill

Comment

i'm pretty sure my shocks and struts are fine, lol.

I meant more like routine stuff that's necessary when you're approaching 50k mi.

Thanks guys

Comment

Struts should be good for atleast 150k

http://www.cardomain.com/id/WS6Racing" Totaly Badged 2006 Red GT Loaded
                  Originally posted by [i
                  Nancy Reagan[/i]]"Theres no such thing as a stupid question, theres just stupid people that ask questions" 1987

Comment

Working...
                  X