Installed my CAB! Thanks to the Doc!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed my CAB! Thanks to the Doc!

Just installed my CAB courtesy of Doc Speed :-). Took me about an hour to install which isn't bad for my first modification ever.

The hardest thing was getting the airbox out with out damaging the AC lines but what I did to make it a little easier is to remove the two torx screw from the MAF before I started to pull out the airbox. Made it a little easier to move around with less things attached. Just my opinion.

But let me tell you, it sounds B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!.. Thanks Doc, it sounds great, I can feel a better shifting transition. Funny in fact when I was out for my first drive I got on the ramp to the freeway and of course was giving it all i could and an RX-8 beside me heard me and smiled and starting to accelerate wanting me to keep up with him, but I didn't cause I dont' want to even flirt with getting a ticket or an accident at this point in time.

Oh, I put on 1 zip tie for the AC lines, they weren't that close but they did jiggle a little so just to be on the safe side I put one on, better to be safe than sorry!

But thanks again Kyle. Good stuff, great sound, easy install. Couldn't be happier..

Here is some pictures of the intake just for fun:

Later!
    Scott

2006 G6 3.5 Sedan - Granite
    Doc Speed CAB

Nice! Looks good!

Comment

Awesome! Seems to be a good day for you!
      Originally posted by TLS2000
      Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
      GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Looks good!
        2006 G6 GTP Coupe
        :: Doctor Speed Turbo Kit ::
        :: Decals by RK Vinyl :: <-- Check out the newly redesigned store!!
        :: GT-R Exhaust ::

Comment

CAB

How is you gas mileage changed? I'm looking into getting the Cold Air Box but I don't want it to kill my mileage and if anyone else has gt how big of the difference is the horsepower change, I don't want to spend 170 on something just so my car sounds better. Thanks

Appearance: Chrome Lower Grilles-Black Euro Tails-Red DupliColor Calipers-Red LED Dome/Map-Tint 15% All Around-4300K Fogs-8000K Lows-18" Black Konig Hotswaps-Pirelli PZero
          Performance: Stage 3/4 CAI-GTR Exhaust-VMS Tune
          Sound: 12" Kicker L7-Optima Redtop
          -Retrofit 2008 Radio Owner #3

Comment

good job!
            -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

I like your box.

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Looks good.... thinking about getting that setup too
                2006 GT, GTP Ulra-Bright Wheels, GTP Exhaust, Painted dual lower valence, Middle mirrors, Bottom rocker panels, Red Calipers, GM Strut Bar, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, G6 all weather floor mats, Debadged, Chrome lower grill accents and Chrome shift knob
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645473

JUST ARRIVE: CRAB INTAKE!!!

Comment

Glad to see you got it!
                  Mine - 2006 Black Grand Prix GXP

Comment

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
                    I like your box.

Comment

hmm i wanan get one... 170 =/
                      tints first or intake first... =/
                      DAMN IT I HATE BEING BROKKKKKKE
                      '06 G6GT 4dr sedan, black leather bucket seats, fully loaded... more to be done -SooJ

Comment

Re: CAB

Originally posted by Hello
                        How is you gas mileage changed? I'm looking into getting the Cold Air Box but I don't want it to kill my mileage and if anyone else has gt how big of the difference is the horsepower change, I don't want to spend 170 on something just so my car sounds better. Thanks
                        I haven't driven my car enough to know the gas millage difference, but its been close to the same so far. Of course I been hitting the gas a little more so i can hear the sound, so I guess it won't be that good until I get use to the sound, but it puts too much of a smile on my face for me to stop pushing on the gas too much haha.. but I do notice that my car shifts a little better and maybe a little more pickup but maybe its the sound that is making think my car is going faster than it was before. I definitely recommend it. Its up to you if you feel you can put out the money for it, which is still cheaper than most other options currently. Yes mostly people get it for the sound, but if you are going to modify your car performance wise, then this is usually one of the first things most people do. I don't see to many tuner cars with a factory box still under the hood

I think you will be pleased with the result, think about it and make your own mind up.

Originally posted by HottG6Mama
                        I like your box.

Thats what all the ladies say to me... ummm ... no not really.. this is the first... thanks though!

Doc Speed CAB

Comment

My mistake.. I guess I was so confused cuz that's what all the guys say to me

oh by the way, nice CAB

Boss Lady for the Blue Man Group

I'm back and ready for action!

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000
                            Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                            GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

^^ yeah I'm with you..

Doc Speed CAB

Comment

Working...
                              X