Exhaust layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust layout

Here is a pic layout for the 3.5 I'm sure the 3.9 can't be much different if the exhaust is single in dual out (is it??) Just thought it would be helpful!!

Originally posted by Toyz
    Originally posted by simplyred
    what do you guys think about switching up the teams again?!
    As long as i dont have to catch, i am all for it!

That will definitely help with those who have questions but haven't taken the time to look under their cars. Nice job simplyred.
    TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

And here's a list of each component in that image:

1. Converter and pipe right
      2. Converter and pipe left
      3. Gasket to manifold right
      4. Gasket to manifold left
      5. Gasket to left converter and pipe
      6. Muffler and pipe base model
      7. Muffler and pipe gasket
      8. Muffler and pipe insulator
      9. Front shield
      10. Rear shield
      -Mike #1

||2006 GTP Coupe - Gone but not forgotten||

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Current Ride: 2009 White Hot Pontiac G8 GT with Onyx/Red Interior

Comment

Thanks Mike, I was honestly to lazy to type all of that at the moment haha... so you GTP people out there... is the muffler simply a single in dual out setting??

Comment

I'm pretty sure it looks the same, just with another tip welded on the other side of the rear muffler.
          -Mike #1

'Black cars denote an aggressive personality or someone who's an outsider or rebel.'

Comment

Thanks... that will come in handy if I decide to put duals on it. Not sure if I want to just go with a stocker in its place or put something like a flowmaster, magnaflow, dynamax, borla, etc.... have to figure it out!

Comment

i was wondering if anyone can tell me what size piping they used on our cars ( i have a gtp) i tried looking on the net but didnt find it.

although i didnt look to hard as i am very busy atm

i had a spin tech exhaust on my trans am and loved it. once i get the pipe size i will be ordering a spin tech muffler and new resonator prolly a dynamax one and will install it on the car and post a vid the same day if i can

anyone that can help me out please chime in so i can get started on this asap

Comment

If Im not mistaken its 2.5, could be 2 but 2.5 is a pretty standard size on a 6cyl

Comment

Unfortunately....a single in, dual out. I was hoping I had dual pipes, but NO headers go into one pipe.
                  "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

You would be looking at minimal gains anyway if you went with a true dual setup. It might sound a little nicer, but you'd be adding even more weight to this already heavy vehicle by putting another pipe under there.
                    -Mike #1

Comment

AH! How true you are grasshopper! I just want the sound. lol
                      "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

So we could buy a GTP exhaust with the GTP lower valence and have dual exhaust that easy?? Also I'm still waiting on someone to post sound clips of what their car sounds like (3.5) without the exhaust resonator.
                        TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

basically... thats what I was going to do then I started thinking that the GTP doesnt really have a distinct sound difference than the 3.5 does it??

Comment

Originally posted by LoJac963
                            So we could buy a GTP exhaust with the GTP lower valence and have dual exhaust that easy?? Also I'm still waiting on someone to post sound clips of what their car sounds like (3.5) without the exhaust resonator.
                            It seems that way. Kinda messed up huh?
                            "The Milwaukee Mile 5"

Comment

minus the 3.9, thats why I went with a more base model. I wish GM would get a little more extream with "different trim levels" than just cheaply making them different. I bet that GTP muffler costs a mint from the dealership

Comment

Working...
                              X