Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a 06 G6 GTP Convert (woofer very, very possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a 06 G6 GTP Convert (woofer very, very possible)

For anyone else in the same boat, I've answered my own questions.

So I just upgraded to this from an 03 GrandPrix SE. I must say I'm very sad to see the grandprix go, she served me well :*(.

My problem is: In the GP i had an aftermarket headunit+sirius pnp unit (connected via lineout. ewww to fm)+amp and sub.

My questions are:
    1. Is it possible to inexpensively hardwire the sirius pnp to the factory headunit? I am aware of the 200$~ adapters. Its really a toss up between paying for the kit and putting in my old aftermarket or hardwire to factory. The other determining factor in my choice of hardwiring is question two. ----------- I've answered my own question: No. Need to buy something for around $200 cdn. or put in aftermarket headunit entirely, which is pointless (unless it is a dvd/nav screen) because you most likely will not have a sub in the vert. and aside from plugging ipod/sirius direct into the headunit, the only other real purpose is subcontrol.

2. The question I really need answer is: The trunk space with the top down is quite limited. Does anyone have any pictures/layouts/ideas, etc. on how to put subs in the trunk? Preferably without completely covering the wheel. Having to undo a couple screws/wires isn't a big deal I suppose. I'm just drawing a blank for solutions on this one.-------- Also answered myself, impossible unless I remove the tire or never put the roof down. So far I've found zero space to put even 1 8" boxed woofer. I'm still searching tho.

I miss my woof. :*(
    The Present: 2010 Mazdaspeed3... Zoom Zoom

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

I added 2 12"s and can still put the top down. Amp is under passenger seat. Cap is in the middle in the rear between the two seats. If you want I can show you the box I used.
    2007 G6 GT white convertible, monsoon, painted calipers, McCulloch 5300k lows, 5% rear, 35% front, Alpine MRP-M350 amp, 2 12" Memphis subwoofers, w/ amp turn off switch, custom LED's, Dynamat, digital capacitor, Katzkin leather.

Comment

Hey yea..... I figured this out since. There is a box and subwoofer out there that literally fit perfectly under the tarp. They're sloped even. About 1.5 to 2"'s of space between the top of the sub and the tarp.

Pioneer makes the sub and the boxes are just these type of situations...

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 78&catid=#

However, since I got my iPod hardwired, i figured out that the monsoon system is deep enough for me....... for now. heheh...

By the way..... That was my first post ^^^^^^^^^^^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

The Past: 06 G6 GTP Vert: Westers Tune - GT-R Exhaust - Doc's Stage3 CAI+ CRAB O4+K&N - GMPD Strut - RL Street Inserts - CMS Bespoke Vert Lowering Springs - Quicklifts - Enkei FN18's, N3000's 245/45y18 - 35% Tint Around - 4300k HIDs His & Los - Black Headlight bezels - Black Recessed Grills - Pooners Chrome Trim Blackout - Black Overlays on Darts - Avic f700bt

Comment

Originally posted by colinpeddle
        Hey yea..... I figured this out since. There is a box and subwoofer out there that literally fit perfectly under the tarp. They're sloped even. About 1.5 to 2"'s of space between the top of the sub and the tarp.

Pioneer makes the sub and the boxes are just these type of situations...

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... 78&catid=#

However, since I got my iPod hardwired, i figured out that the monsoon system is deep enough for me....... for now. heheh...

By the way..... That was my first post ^^^^^^^^^^^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
        wow thats a pretty old thread!

750WHP Magnacharged GTO.....WTF!
        TVS2300 GTO, Innovators West 8" Overdrive Pulley, ECS Tensioner, SD tuned by Andrew at Complete street performance, Ed Curtis custom Lunati camshaft 230/236 .6XX/.6XX 113 LSA, Hardened Pushrods, Lunati .675 lift Valve Springs, Single Walbro 255 fuel pump in stock bucket, Kooks 1 7/8 Jet hot coated Headers , Kooks 3" catless mid pipes with DMH low pro electric cutouts, Spintech 2.5" stainless steel exhaust with X pipe, Carbon fiber Cold air box with AEM air filter, Billet products short shifter, JamesBiz Oil catch can, Pedders 5/16" raise springs with drag bags, Weld RTS Black with Hoosiers
        Show
        -20% tint
        -bohaman AUX-in radio mod
        -Professionally heated seats

Comment

It took Colin 7 months to answer.
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Wow..
            Blue Man Group

Comment

hahaha it did.

I was trying to remember if I did a "new member post" or not. Or just started posting. So I checked. Then i saw martin had replied in March 07. So I figured I'd reply now. Hahahaha.

Comment

Working...
              X