tc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tc

so im driving along today in the rain and i go to pass someone and traction control kicks in. i get around the person and then look again and notice that traction control is now saying it is off

hit the button, nothing. try again, nothing. hold it in and stabiltrak turns off, hit it again and stabiltrak goes back on but traction control stays off

get to stop, put in neutral, turn car off and back on, still not turned on

finally get to area where i can turn car off in park and sit for 30 seconds, turn it back on and everything is fine

also while it was "off" my gears were hitting really hard and i had no acceleration when i hit pedal like usual, and when i say it was hitting gears hard, im talking like hearing them set and bouncing cause of it

I belive the traction control is controled through the computer system with its own software setup. Your computer might be having a software failer with that portion of it and might need to be flashed or something. That might not have helped alot but best thing I can think of trying to help, might have to take it to the dealer for a computer diagnostic.
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

i wasnt really worried about it, as it has only happened once

and ill have them check it next time im in there, but no concerns, just wondered if anyone else had this happen before

Comment

Most I ever had happen was when I first got the car and it was like 20 degress out and when I first started it, for the first 5mins stabiltrak was off and then after the car warmed up it went off. I was told by the dealer that if its cold out sometimes the car isnt ready and have the proper configuration ready or some BS story, dont know if thats the truth or they just didnt want to look at it
        2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
        Gotta have it Green color
        Brembo brake package
        420 HP 5.0L
        Ford Racing Power Pack
        GT500 track pack differential cover
        BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

I had a similar problem in Feb. They ran a diagnostic and the only error code they got indicated that the reciculator motor in the air conditioner had failed. (in the middle of the winter, lol) anyway they fixed the a/c and the traction control and stability control worked fine after that.

I'm not saying it makes sense but............
          Silver G6 GTP Coupe

Comment

hmm i know i read someplace else about this happening but I cant find the thread. I turned off my TC yesterday then when I was driving I went to speed out of a turn and it felt like the TC was on (tires started to squeal then engine rev down) but the light still indicated it was off. Is the TC button just a placebo? Or do I have to do something other than push it to turn it off.
            BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Originally posted by reubenk
              hmm i know i read someplace else about this happening but I cant find the thread. I turned off my TC yesterday then when I was driving I went to speed out of a turn and it felt like the TC was on (tires started to squeal then engine rev down) but the light still indicated it was off. Is the TC button just a placebo? Or do I have to do something other than push it to turn it off.
              You might have had TC off but Stabilitrak on. You have to hold the TC button instead of push it, I think, to work the Stabilitrak.

- Black/Black, Leather, Monsoon, Panoramic
              - Painted Headlights, 35% Tint, Silver Emblem Overlays
              - DS S3 Intake
              - CarDomain link: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2907956/1

Comment

yeh your stablitrak kicked in..liked said above..hold the traction control button for 10 secs and it will turn both off...then you can spin out

Comment

victory over the computer at last

Comment

That's cool that you can disable the stabilitrack.
                    BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                    ^ The Man
                    v The Legend

Comment

does a light come on letting you know stabilitrak is dissabled or do you just have to guess till the oportunity arrises to test it.

Comment

no theres a light, its been discussed before
                        Originally posted by colinpeddle
                        They'll begin missing us soon. Once all the threads stay on topic thru 14 pages... oh they'll miss us, our wit and our insane ability to wander off topic so effortlessly. Some day, a g5er will stop and say

Go tell the G6ers, passerby,
                        That here, by G6er law, we lie
                        Stranger, tell the G6ers that we behaved as they would wish us to, and are buried here.
                        THIS IS G6PERFORMANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KJHLKAJDHLKJHLKAAHHHHHHHHHHHH<- battle cry.

Comment

there is some kind of message or light that lets you know it is off

i think dic displays it is off in a message and there is a light with line thru it?

anyway you will know it is off

Comment

once again... cool and thanx

Comment

ok i tried that, i even held down the tc for one minute. I got there by increasing in 10 second intervals (10 seconds didnt work so i tried 20, then 30 so on) is there something I'm missing?

Comment

Working...
                              X