Radio and CD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio and CD question

I have the Monsoon audio system with the 6 Disc CD player. When I change stations the DIC displays the radio station, program type and name of the song ONCE and then it only displays the time and temp. When the song changes it never updates to display the name of the new song or the artist. When I press the display button all it does is display the radio station.

When I play a CD all that gets displayed is the track that is playing not the song title or the artist. When I press the display button all that it does is display the time that the track has been playing.

Is this normal?

I had a Torrent as a loaner the other day and it continuously flashed the radio station, then the song title, then the name of the artist and it only had the base radio/CD player!
    Silver G6 GTP Coupe

I have the same thing too, where it wont always change after every song on the FM band. Its becuase on FM it gets the single from the radio station for song ect and if for some reason the FM station dosnt transmit a new song ID the display doesnt know any better. By me a few stations go by one or two songs before its gets updated and most stations every song it up dates it self
    2006 G6 GTP: Traded

2013 Mustang GT
    Gotta have it Green color
    Brembo brake package
    420 HP 5.0L
    Ford Racing Power Pack
    GT500 track pack differential cover
    BOSS 302 oil cooler, JLT oil separator

Comment

Always shows the song, but it always the song that just ended, not the song that is starting
      2005 EBM G6 GT

Comment

this is not specifically a G6 problem...believe me.

i drive just about everything you see on the road at work and i have noticed this in most of the RDS equipped cars i drive. i think it is a side effect of the RDS system. i know it has happened to me in other cars, but for some reason a picture of the mopar radio sticks in my head. the display just gets stuck, usually displaying the track title not the artist or station info. it happens pretty frequently in different vehicles that i have noticed.

Comment

I've noticed that some CD's will display the song title and some will not. In fact, the majority of my CD's do not display the song title Just T1, T2, etc. On the few which do show song title, I have no idea why.

I have played them through my home computer and Windows Media Player and all of the CD's show song title, artist info, etc. on the home computer, but most do not show that same information through the Monsoon system.

Any ideas why this is? I'm really curious about this one.

Jeff
          My 07 G6 Convertible
          http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...6/IMG_0394.jpg

My 76 Vette
          http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/P4240002.jpg

Comment

My XM will always show the station, song, artist. I hardly ever have it on a FM station. Well...I did it once to see how my GPS sounded. But, it was up to loud and it was all garbled. So, back to XM.
            G6P member 340

G8 GT 334 0f 1st 888
            Pedders Street II suspension. Pedders Strut Tower bar. VMS HSRK, VMS PCM/TCM tune, Forged and Stroked LS3, Garrett Turbo
            Borla Cat back. SLP underdrive pulley. FAST ported 102 intake and TB ported. BMR trailing arms, Circle D 3200 stall converter.
            20 percent tint by Scott's tinting and graphics.

Comment

Yup....I just get track numbers from my cd's as well. Took me forever
              to figure out how to change the default display to what you want.

Now I have it set to show the song, so if it can read it, it will.

I just dislike that I cant scroll to the right to view the entire content.
              ie- Boston's More Than A Feeling will be More than a f
              or some such crap like that.

I was told it will do this but have yet to figure out how.
              Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
              Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
              WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

On mine, the radio stations which transmit the info will display the info. It's the blasted CD player that is driving me nuts. I just don't understand why one CD will show the information and another one will not. Just weird. I keep thinking that I'm doing something wrong.

Jeff
                My 07 G6 Convertible

My 76 Vette

Comment

Originally posted by Lampoon
                  Yup....I just get track numbers from my cd's as well. Took me forever
                  to figure out how to change the default display to what you want.

Now I have it set to show the song, so if it can read it, it will.

I just dislike that I cant scroll to the right to view the entire content.
                  ie- Boston's More Than A Feeling will be More than a f
                  or some such crap like that.

I was told it will do this but have yet to figure out how.
                  I'm sure if you wait a second or two it shows the rest of the song like "eeling" or maybe it scrolls.
                  BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
                  ^ The Man
                  v The Legend

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnles1
                    On mine, the radio stations which transmit the info will display the info. It's the blasted CD player that is driving me nuts. I just don't understand why one CD will show the information and another one will not. Just weird. I keep thinking that I'm doing something wrong.

Jeff
                    More then likely it is the cd itself and not your player, in that case.
                    Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

nope...it just camps there. No scrolling and no button will make it.
                      Ive tried them all numerous times and in numerous combos.
                      Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                      Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                      WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Toyz
                        More then likely it is the cd itself and not your player, in that case.
                        I'm sure it is, but what is it on the CD that triggers it to do that? I can't see any difference, but something is encoded in the CD that causes the song title information to show up vs. just T1 or T2 etc.?

I'm just baffled.

Jeff
                        My 07 G6 Convertible

My 76 Vette

Comment

^^ It is the data that is on the cd itself. The track names , ect.. is either written on the cd or it is not. Im not sure who exactly decides wether to put that info on there or not. But i wish they all would start doing it..
                          Hurricanes are like women : when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car.

Comment

I burn all of my own music CDs (I never take a store baught CD to my car, it's pretty much death for them) and I always put the track, artist, etc etc etc info on them. The track info shows when I skip tracks manually and the album info shows when it switches (or I switch) the CD, but generally the info does not show for each song.

I may be wrong here, but as I cannot find any setting to control this I personally blame it on poor engineering of the player.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCryptic

I may be wrong here, but as I cannot find any setting to control this I personally blame it on poor engineering of the player.

don't be hatin'

player hater...

okay... so that was lame
                              Originally posted by TLS2000
                              Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
                              GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Working...
                              X