Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used the carbon fiber adhesive sheets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used the carbon fiber adhesive sheets?

i saw these sheets of adhesive carbon fiber on ebay and i was wondering if anyone used them. it says the can be used on hoods, etc, but has anyone had any experience with this stuff, does it look good, is it a pain to apply?

I assume it's just to make it look like you have carbon fiber?

in general, adhesives don't do well on curved surfaces...
    Originally posted by TLS2000
    Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
    GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

Edit: nevermind
      BMG Cofounder who happens to be a Petrolsexual
      ^ The Man
      v The Legend

Comment

pretty rice if you ask me
        -Mike #2 (the self-proclaimed tallest G6 owner)
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2645383

VMS ECM, GT-R Exhaust, Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI, 35% Llumar Tint, Redline Hood Struts, Vent Visors,
        Pontiac Inset Upper Grilles #1, STB, Black Euro Tails, PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk Brake Pads

Comment

Originally posted by jonnycat

Carbon Fibre sticky sheet - primary function look good
          - secondary function add weight
          primary function... results not guranteed
          Originally posted by TLS2000
          Fine. You're banned. Stupid redneck piece of shit!
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/Amick
          GTP: My list of mods got too long... just click the link

Comment

yeah it is real carbon fiber in sheets but like the others said I'm not too sure about curves and what not. I've always been wanting to pick some up to just experiment with it but I never have.
            TRADED IN BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN: 2006 GT Coupe in granite metallic, 15/5% tint, vinyl side marker deletes, Doctor Speed Stage 3 CAI, RED calipers by DupliColor, RED LED interior lights, 45 LED tail lights, WideView 8000K HID coversion kit, Nokya Artic White fogs installed, running MoBil 1, FIRST ever granite metallic color matched headlights!! Color matched eyelids just finished! GT-R Exhaust installed. R1 Concepts drilled and slotted zinc plated front rotors.

Comment

but has anyone used anything like this, i used the laminate headlight protection off of ebay and its working quite well, but this is a much more expensive purchase so i would just like to find someone with some firsthand knowledge of the stuff......... i think it'll look sweet, but i dont want it peelin' off or ill be pissed

Comment

Hey I'm being sent a sheet or two now from a guy on Ebay. I'll throw some on my car and show ya how they look.
                Performance Mods: GM Strut Bar - 93 Octane Tune - Custom CAI - GT-R Exhaust
                Appearance Mods: Custom Painted Interior - Truck Bedliner Engine Bay - Interior Neon
                Coming Soon: CRAB CAB - HIDs - Concept Body Kit - New Wheels - Spoiler - RAM Air Hood - Black Paint Job?

Comment

I purchased pedals off of ebay with carbon fiber on there. Looks nice and appears to be holding up well.
                  BCG Member #1::G6er Elite

Comment

Ok got them in today. I'll put em on soon and take pics.
                    Appearance Mods: Custom Painted Interior - Truck Bedliner Engine Bay - Interior Neon
                    Coming Soon: CRAB CAB - HIDs - Concept Body Kit - New Wheels - Spoiler - RAM Air Hood - Black Paint Job?

Comment

yes, pics please and fast. I cant think of anyplace I would want to put it on my car so Ill see what you do and hope it will spark some ideas.

Comment

I can only work as fast as my g/f lets me! lol

Comment

I thought the carbon fiber point was to decrease the weight of the vehicle?
                          I see this as tantamount placing of GTO badges on our G6....

Maybe cause I dont think CF looks good. Guess Im old school. Sorry.
                          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
                          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
                          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Originally posted by Dogshep
                            I can only work as fast as my g/f lets me! lol
                            I was just playin. Im busy working most of the time so im not in a rush or anything.

Comment

Eh it's stickers.... so I can take it off if it looks like crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X